advertisement

Krell KSA 100

Tie wraps on the transformer primaries match the ones elsewhere in the amplifier.

The on/off switch looks wrong, the screws don't line up, it has been in pieces at some point.

Good evening all,

The shots of the internals of this device would have me wondering which rank amateur had been let loose building it - maybe it's just me.

Regards

Richard

Yeah, just noticed a nut and bolt missing on the PSU cap rings...

Ah, first impressions and all that :(

USA didn't use brown & blue as live & and neutral when that was built so potentially new transformers ?
I think it has had new transformers. I'd guess at a US to UK voltage change. The soldering from the transformers to the bridge rectifiers looks a different standard of work to the ones from the rectifiers to the caps. I don't know if the KSA100 had a voltage selector, nothing on the back of this one.

In fact if you look at the back plate picture the voltage, Freq and fuse rating appear to have been "updated".

I think it has had new transformers. I'd guess at a US to UK voltage change. The soldering from the transformers to the bridge rectifiers looks a different standard of work to the ones from the rectifiers to the caps. I don't know if the KSA100 had a voltage selector, nothing on the back of this one.

In fact if you look at the back plate picture the voltage, Freq and fuse rating appear to have been "updated".

Good thinking, I forgot 110v Vs 230v o_O doh

USA didn't use brown & blue as live & and neutral when that was built so potentially new transformers ?

in my international version (selectable from 110 to 240V mains voltage) Forte Audio Model 3 (Pass Labs, if you like) power amp they did use brown as phase and blue as neutral for the 240V setting

advertisement

Back