advertisement

Koss KSC75 cans - just wow!

Robert

Tapehead
I've been playing with headphones of late.

It started when I needed a pair for vocal monitoring for my youtube recording stuff and pair of ATHM40x closed backs arrived and were surprisingly good, if a bit 'clampy' for someone used to open back over-ear cans.
So now I also have Grado SR80, and just in the past few days AKG601Pro - all good in their own ways.

I also have a couple of pairs of Koss Porta Pro, which are super light, sound decent if a bit dark and can be worn for hours. However I recently took a punt on some KSC75s, essentially Porta Pro earcups attached to little ear clips - they sort of clip on and the driver floats against the ear - more secure than it sounds.

Wow these things are bloody good, and only £17 delivered.

Extremely open, exceptionally detailed and with surprising bass for something so small and not sealed on the ear. A bit of high end tizz for sure but you aren't getting perfection for £17.

Now, apparently these use a variant of the Porta Pro driver but with a thin titanium coating to improve the high end. Even better, apparently the earcups will clip onto the the Porta Pro headband and I suspect that will be a great combo - watch this space.

Anyway, they are £17 on Amazon and sound like Grados. Just buy them!

....and yes the drivers do clip straight onto the Porta headband :)

The slightly increased pressure on the ear fills our the low end and trims away the top end fizz.

Great on it's own, but paired with the £30 Porta this is a killer combo for <£50.

advertisement

Back