advertisement

[FS] Kingsound King full bandwidth electrostatic panel speakers

Tim's Dad

pfm Member
These Kingsound Kings (KS3000) are superb value speakers if you have the space to site them. I find their absence of bass resonance, their speed of response, wonderful imaging and breath-taking transparency consistently separates them from high-end conventional cones. For example at a Wam show a few years ago there was only one room where the speakers were obviously better than what I was used to hearing with the Kings, and this had massive horns.

I bought a second pair as a long term hedge for replacement parts but these have not been needed so I have two identical pairs available for sale (price is for one pair).

I’ve very happy to demo at my home in Liverpool close to the end of the M62.

The current replacement model retails at around £20,000.

Feel free to pm to ask any questions (or just post them here). More pictures are available on request.

£2500 ono

If you were in London I'd be straight round for a demo, they could be the endgame speakers we're all after.

I first read a review of the Kingsound Prince in Hi-Fi World and drove 2 hours each way to hear them. Listened to the Prince's first, then when I heard the Kings I was smitten.

The UK dealer at the time was Icon Audio so they demoed with their valve amps. I took along my Avondale M2 monoblocks and thought the Kings sounded better with the Avondales. I was very happy using these for several years and then, as the wont takes us all, upgraded - to a Sanders Magtech.

Hi-fi news wrote (pdf of review available on request):

The King is an unmitigated success, offering the delights of exotic panel ownership with very few drawbacks. If you can meet its power and placement demands you'll be rewarded with a performance that's difficult to match at any price. This speaker truly is king of the hill.

Verdict: Kingsound has delivered a spectacular flagship model, albeit with a couple of caveats, these being the need for a large listening room and plenty of power - about 150W of solid-state amplification being a minimum to extract the best from these speakers. Given these requirements, however, the results are incredible; think Martin Logan CLS II with more bass and dynamic range. It has outstanding balance and is far more dynamic than you have any right to expect from an electrostatic speaker. 19/20

If these are even 'only' as good as the Queens they'll be DYNAMITE! Had a pair to try out and straight from cold, brand new, AC/DC really kicked!

advertisement

Back