advertisement

Killer budget phono stage

I’m looking at a new (budget phono stage) and tempted by the tisbury but I’m wondering if anyone has used one with an at95ml or related? The Tisbury capacitance is listed at 220pF but this seems far too high for audio-technica carts or is it fine in practise

(my other current stylus is an ortofon om20 which I assume is more flexible in terms of capacitance)

Ah have had a Tisbury Domino for just over 3 years. Faultless. It’s an excellent wee phono stage, capacitance is 180pF, not 220pF. Tisbury claim to be compatible with almost all cartridges. I’m selling mine if yer interested - pm me ,if so.

Locheeboy.

Ah have had a Tisbury Domino for just over 3 years. Faultless. It’s an excellent wee phono stage, capacitance is 180pF, not 220pF. Tisbury claim to be compatible with almost all cartridges. I’m selling mine if yer interested - pm me ,if so.

Locheeboy.

Thanks, I just want to do some research on them as I’m concerned it could be too shrill at that capacitance as sone have suggested. I have their passive pre so a fan of the company.

I’m looking at a new (budget phono stage) and tempted by the tisbury but I’m wondering if anyone has used one with an at95ml or related? The Tisbury capacitance is listed at 220pF but this seems far too high for audio-technica carts or is it fine in practise

(my other current stylus is an ortofon om20 which I assume is more flexible in terms of capacitance)
I'm using the Tisbury with AT VM540ML. Rega P3 / Naim 112x / 150x / Intro 2. Not thinking of changing it any time soon.

I’m wondering if anyone has used one with an at95ml or related? The Tisbury capacitance is listed at 220pF but this seems far too high for audio-technica carts or is it fine in practise

I probably have age-related high frequency hearing loss. My VM95ML sounds just fine with my Tisbury

Finally I took the plunge and ordered on the bay a Sonneteer Bard's phono stage (€ 195 shipped), to pair with my Linn Adikt MM cartridge ...

I will keep you updated when it arrives and the running-in period is finished.

M.

advertisement

Back