advertisement

Kii THREE loudspeakers arrive!

The filters for placement , are almost infinitely variable, being able to reduce bass output when placed against a wall or in a corner is hugely beneficial.
They are superb loudspeakers.
Next experimenting with the 'contour' switch.
Keith.

Pushed tight into the corners, boundary filters set to 'corner' ,contour settings at the moment set to flat, there are sixteen contour profiles to experiment with though!
The Kiis can be placed anywhere and adjusted accordingly, they are superb.

Keith

The Kii THREEs have no 'on' or 'off' switch they are always on and wake up when they detect a music signal, two wee red lights when asleep which change to blue and green when awake, they really are superb loudspeakers, imaging is on a par with the Bang & Olufsens Beolab 90, in fact they have a lot in common with the big B&O's.
No bass overhang whatsoever and these are completely full range from 19H upwards.

Keith

Kiis 'active wave focusing ' is unique, well almost only one other loudspeaker uses similar technology and that is Bang & Olufsens Beolab 90 ( £54k ) .
This page explains how the Kiis 'spare' drivers are used to cancel reflected sound , to produce an almost perfect polar response.
http://kiiaudio.com/en/tech-acou.html
Keith

b

The Kii THREE is an active loudspeaker, full range 20Hz upwards, each loudspeaker includes 6 Ncore amps,six DACs six ADCs six drivers and all the DSP necessary.
Just connect to any source analogue or digital
Keith

Keith,

Have you been to the factory and spent time with the designer on the intricacies of correct set up procedures and techniques in relations to extracting the fullest performance?

I too have listened to these, while I wouldn't describe them as grimm :D I certainly wouldn't say these were the Emperors new clothes though.

I politely suggest that not all mixing engineers are of a known quantity in the hearing dept, in the same way not all electronics companies makes great speakers or great speaker manufacturers make great electronics.

The audio community will be waiting with baited breath for Paul Millers magnificent set of measured parameters to truly trounce his beloved Devialets once and for all.

Front cover of Hifi News, Stereophile I can see it all Keith, you lucky man.

Can you remind me of the cost of the Kii's please, and in your expert opinion how are these superior to the Cessaro horn your were championing last year?

Hello Tony, Cessaro make horn loudspeakers ( mostly) and the Kiis have more in common with B&O's Beolab 90's than the Devialet footballs.
Three demonstrations three pairs sold, I don't think it is purely my salesmanship skills!
Keith

advertisement

Back