advertisement

Khozmo Passive Pre Amp

Ziggy-47

...sunshine, angels, blue skies, old times...
Hi,
Has anyone tried a Khozmo ?
If so with which power amps ?
TIA

I have a couple - a stereo that gets used with Temple amps in a convoluted headphone setup and a dual mono that I use in the main system with a Leak Stereo 20.

Only a Tisbury to get a handle on passives. My view now is if your system matches well a good passive will outperform an active preamp, especially for the money. Never experienced the lack of dynamics often mentioned but the Khozmos are noticeably more transparent than the Tisbury.

Generally, I found Khozmo great to deal with and they built my dual mono to my specifications (the stereo was off the shelf). There are other good passives of course.

I don't own Khozmo preamp but I have fitted Khozmo Stepped Attenuator, which they use with their preamps, into my Neurochrome amp. It's just one input amp so you can consider it as one input preamp with a power amp.
Very pleased with results.

That’s interesting. Not the first thing that springs to mind for use with a passive but I presume you did some research.

That’s interesting. Not the first thing that springs to mind for use with a passive but I presume you did some research.
I already had the Etudes and wanted to use a passive with them and it sounds great so far….

I’ve got one. I had a Tisbury before, and in my usual heretical way couldn’t claim to hear an audible difference between the two. But 64 steps instead of 10 or so is definitely an improvement, and I like to hear the relays going clickety-clack when I operate the remote. Alexa enjoys controlling it too, although she is a bit heavy-handed and can only manage to go up or down in multiples of 10. She knows how to mute it though, which is sometimes handy.

I’m liking it so far…and I agree with the ‘clickety-clicking’ too….

advertisement

Back