advertisement

Kef LSX

droodzilla

pfm Member
Anyone tried these?

I'm especially interested in experiences of their built in streaming services (e.g. Spotify) and how reliable they are. Also, can you access streaming radio services through them?

Also, how well does the room correction work?

I'm thinking a pair of these + a CD player with digital out for "legacy media" could make quite a nifty system.

I’ve heard some briefly in a store, with a little REL t-zero attached. For a compact system, they sounded pretty decent, certainly something to consider in a small den/study system. They come in a few colours so look modern enough.
The app is not great though, nowhere near as good as the Sonos or BluOS Bluesound apps.
No idea about the room correction.
I’d suggest a Bluesound Powernode2i & a pair of maybe B&W 607’s or 606’s to compare against the LSX’s.

They're lovely little speakers; but they're just that

Heard them set up properly in a demo room and they've got that fantastic KEF sound, but for me, it'd have to be the LS50 wireless versions personally, the LSX just lacked the range I'd want for my tastes

I'd personally save my money and buy decent active monitors like JBL 305P MkII's and partner with a decent DAC/streamer etc or maybe see if you can find a set of KEX X300A wireless speakers; IMO they're better than the LSX's, but obviously don't have the built-in tech

advertisement

Back