advertisement

Just in case it's of interest

gez

pfm Member
As per the title. This year was the 50th Aniversary of the 25th April 1974 Portuguese revolution. Below is a couple of links to a program of exhibitions and plays etc to celebrate the date:

If you have any interest in Fascism, or was aware of Spains dictator, but had no idea that Portugal also had one, then you may find the above interesting.

Yes, it's also interesting to note that about 50 years ago three of todays members of the EU was fascist dictatorships.

BTW. I once had a lovely Portuguese girlfriend...

Yes, it's also interesting to note that about 50 years ago three of todays members of the EU was fascist dictatorships.

BTW. I once had a lovely Portuguese girlfriend...
Three?
More like twelve if you include under Soviet control at the time

Three?
More like twelve if you include under Soviet control at the time

I was referring to FASCIST states, very well aware of states under the Soviet umbrella. Ok, not much difference. Fascist state: Everybody is poor except the elite. Communist state: Everybody is poor... Except the elite.

I watched the prog (was that John Snow? Think it was on PSB America; (most good stuff is) maybe a year or so ago. Very good and a learning curve for me as, like many, knew little about that comparative 'backwater' of Iberia.

advertisement

Back