advertisement

Just a few wildlife shots whilst out for walks

Love the pics, especially the water vole, he’s got a look of “oh ****…….I’m rumbled” about him.

Reactions: ron
These are great! Amazing detail in them. Well done. You can really see the dinosaur ancestry looking at the bird's eyes.

Without wishing to detract from Ron's obvious skill and craft, what size of lens would you need to get this close up and is it easier to get decent results with modern anti-shake systems?

These are great! Amazing detail in them. Well done. You can really see the dinosaur ancestry looking at the bird's eyes.

Without wishing to detract from Ron's obvious skill and craft, what size of lens would you need to get this close up and is it easier to get decent results with modern anti-shake systems?

Me too.

Thank you , I use a Sony 200-600 zoom lens on a Sony Fullframe mirrorless camera , for the Water vole I was at 600mm, the camera was in crop mode (960mm) and I cropped more in post . It gives the impression you're much closer than it is , the tree stump he's sat in is at the opposite side of an old loch down a bank next to the water . You could get these shots with say a bridge camera although I personally prefer a larger heavier camera . I find heavier ones easier to handhold steady

advertisement

Back