advertisement

Jriver

Andy1912

pfm Member
I have been impressed with this during the trial period and was thinking of purchasing. Hit a problem yesterday though and wondered if anyone could help.

I have a couple of hi res downloads and had set the jriver to play at above 44k but it is refusing to play files at those bit rates. I have selected the optical out option and simply run an optical to a beresford 7510 dac, which i think should play higher than 44 samples.

Any thoughts? I have a feeling that jriver was playing ay higher sampling rates previously...

Thanks

Andy

How have you got your pc connected to your DAC? Does your pc have an optical out? Can it actually do higher bit-rates? Have you set the device handler in Windows to allow hi res? How have you set the Audio Path in JRiver? You could try setting JRiver temporarily to downsample the files to 44.1/16 (Tools > Options > Audio > .. DSP and Output format > Output Format > Sample Rate for the Sample Rate, and > Audio > Device settings for the Bitdepth) and if that works, raise the sample rate and bitdepth as far as they will go. Or pick a 44.1/16 file and upsample/rate it similarly. I don't have a problem with 24/192 - but I use a different DAC and USB.

Thanks. I played about with this and it looks like the bitstreaming needed to be enables and it seems to be working fine now.

Thanks again.

Andy

If your DAC does assync USB that is the best way to connect to your dac
Set output mode to WASAPI or ASIO

Alan

advertisement

Back