advertisement

Joni Mitchell Remasters

Interesting. I have the MOFI Blue and Ladies. Would be interesting to hear how Bernie Grundman's take would differ from Steve Hoffman. Those are her only two sides I have at the moment so if these new ones are good I'll forget about buying that box of all her studio albums and wait for these.

I got this copy for The Wife a few years ago. Sounds good, not heard it for a while

R-2571066-1291024413.jpeg.jpg

More Images

Joni Mitchell ‎– Blue
Label:
Reprise Records ‎– 74842
Format:
Vinyl, LP, Album, Reissue, Remastered, 180g, Gatefold
US
Released:

Also this another Wife offering that sounds good.

R-1136832-1195229993.jpeg.jpg

More Images

Joni Mitchell ‎– Ladies Of The Canyon
Label:
Reprise Records ‎– 7599-27450-2
Format:
CD, HDCD, Album, Remastered
Europe
Released:

All of the LPs that I have, sound good, but I do not have Song To A Seagull, which was recorded under the bowl of jello (jelly). Blue is especially good.

Would be interesting to hear how Bernie Grundman's take would differ from Steve Hoffman.

Is it confirmed that these are BG and cut from the original tapes? I've ordered them anyway, but I'd like to know. The Hoffmann Blue is amazing; pretty much definitive. But I'd like better versions of the first three albums. I've found it particularly difficult to get a really satisfying copy of Ladies, and I've got a couple of very early pressings.

OK yes, I missed that. I think all the later Rhino releases are BG. I did spend some time comparing them to my early presses but nearly always ended up choosing original test pressings as the best cuts. From memory, the Rhino Hejira was pretty good but Court and Spark had some issues; it was almost superb but they got the levels wrong at one point. If I can be bothered I'll go back to my notes and check; I've got so many copies of Joni LPs I really should show my findings.

OK yes, I missed that. I think all the later Rhino releases are BG. I did spend some time comparing them to my early presses but nearly always ended up choosing original test pressings as the best cuts. From memory, the Rhino Hejira was pretty good but Court and Spark had some issues; it was almost superb but they got the levels wrong at one point. If I can be bothered I'll go back to my notes and check; I've got so many copies of Joni LPs I really should show my findings.

If you haven't heard the DCC Court and Spark that Steve Hoffman did it's worth seeking out.

The well worn path of fleecing fans. I only have the basic CDs, they sound pretty good, plenty enough to appreciate the artist.

What’s annoying me is the Joni “eurostore” is quoting me sterling prices rather euro ones. It’s the little things that sting.

.sjb

What’s annoying me is the Joni “eurostore” is quoting me sterling prices rather euro ones. It’s the little things that sting.

.sjb
I was wondering about that too. I immediately thought we're gonna get stuffed for VAT but it looks like goods ship from the UK because the site warns about feeds to the continent.

advertisement

Back