advertisement

Joni Mitchell - Hejira

John

Rack’em Up!
This is one my favorite LP's period. Just wanted to give a heads up to those interested that this album has been remastered by Chris Bellman using the original 1/4 tapes. I got my copy today and it sounds great, a nice 180 gram silent pressing. It comes out in the UK October 27th.

Furry Sings The Blues and Song For Sharon are my two faves from this album.

This is also one of my favourite albums, period. Thanks for the heads-up!

This is one my favorite LP's period. Just wanted to give a heads up to those interested that this album has been remastered by Chris Bellman using the original 1/4 tapes. .

The only likely candidate on Amazon UK for the The LP you refer to seems to be available already and is on Rhino Records.. that can't be the one can it?

The link to amazon.de item above is for:
(ATM: Preis: EUR 19,90 )
Produktinformation

Vinyl (14. November 2014)
Anzahl Disks/Tonträger: 1
Label: Rhino (Warner)
ASIN: B00L47E400

Item with the same ASIN on amazon.co.uk is (ATM: £33.17):

Product details
Vinyl (13 Oct 2014)
Number of Discs: 1
Label: Rhino

And on amazon.it (ATM: EUR 15,90):

Vinile (21 ottobre 2014)
Data di prima pubblicazione: 13 ottobre 2014
Numero di dischi: 1
Etichetta: IMPORT

Who would understand that?

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Actually on FR is a little cheaper.

However, the point is that the item with the same ASIN (B00L47E400)
is already available on UK, FR and IT, but not on DE - where it will be released on 14. November 2014 - again on Rhino.

Is the release on IT, FR & UK the same as on DE? And the one the OP is talking about?

I'm confused, my friends at Diverse Vinyl have 180g Hejira released on 13/10/14 on Warner Bros (not Rhino) at £17:

https://www.diversevinyl.com/item.php?id=fc43ae375c854a6d4f166f80dc70eb26

Aren't we all?
In the year 1998 Rhino became a part of the Warner Music Group.
Rhino Entertainment Company is an American specialty record label and production company. It is owned by Warner Music Group.

They also have the US issue at £25

Probably this one.

Barcode and Other Identifiers
Matrix / Runout (Runout Side 1): 22800.1(3) RI-1087-A
Matrix / Runout (Runout Side 2): 22800.2(3) RI-1087-B

But then again:
Asylum Records... is owned by Warner Music Group, and is currently distributed through Atlantic Records.

I haven't found any other recent reissue on discogs.

A great record, no question. But with UK original copies in plentiful supply and already sounding sublime, is this reissue really going to add anything of value...?

I have an original UK pressing, still perfectly playable, and the HDCD US remastering from a decade ago, so I guess I'll pass for now. Certainly the LP of 1976, and there were a few good ones.

A great record, no question. But with UK original copies in plentiful supply and already sounding sublime, is this reissue really going to add anything of value...?

I suppose you'd have to compare, I have a black/gold Asylum pressing which sounds pretty good. I rarely see this album in used record stores and the mint originals selling online are more than the $15 I spent on the remaster.

http://www.discogs.com/sell/release/3705539?ev=rb&condition=Near+Mint+(NM+or+M-)#other_versions_wrap

Not sure how the UK sounds vs the US original but I would assume the US is the country of orgin for this release.

advertisement

Back