advertisement

Jon Hassell RIP

I've just opened an email from his fundraisers hoping for good news; but was instead met with this very sad news.
RIP, and thanks for the astonishing music.

An interesting artist; I partcularly love this - RIP Jon

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
RIP. A genuine original. I’ve probably listened to his music more than anyone else’s over lockdown.

This is sad news- i’ve loved his work and Pentimento vols 1 & 2 released in the last few years were absolutely intoxicating

Last edited:
Personally speaking, it really does feel like another of the greats has left us.
Someone who, when a new release was announced, I still got teenage levels of excitement about hearing it; and would always buy on spec, knowing they would be a worthy addition to, what we can now sadly call, their legacy.
I try not to use the word "genius" lightly; but I feel he thoroughly deserves it.

Sad news. I have his albums on ECM, both excellent.
Had one of the “Fourth World” albums back in the early ‘80s but not sure what happened to that. I also own a number of albums where he was a sideman. Brilliant Trees by David Sylvian and And She Closed Her Eyes by Stina Nordenstam amongst them.
RIPJon.

Oh no...

That really is sad.

I’ve been enjoying the last two albums a lot recently... i didn’t realise he was so old.

The Guardian obit is fascinating, especially the rift with Eno after Bush of Ghosts.

RIP

advertisement

Back