advertisement

Johnson the Dictator

Wayne C

pfm Member
Simple headline and that’s what he is, he’s as bad as Putin a pseudo dictator who cannot let go of the reigns of his imaginative power!.

get him out he’s had enough chances out !

how many chances do these people have - as many as the bourgeoisie let them!

Maybe my Putin comparison was slightly over the top (apologies), but he’s got a lot of the power mad traits that he has, I mean how far would Boris go to keep his position?.

we all know he’s only still in his job because those under him like their pay cheques and to maintain the Status Quo of whatever they want!

is politics now a cushy number to pay one’s mortgage or to actually do something to help people of all classes incomes and ethnically?.

Fortunately in the genuinely democratic world we do have a mechanism to get rid of these people eventually. IE A GENERAL ELECTION. It's a process even Boris can't defeat, and neither could Trump. That's the key difference between our society and Russia.

Boris's days must surely be numbered since if 40% of his own party want rid of him he can't possibly survive an election you'd think.

Simple headline and that’s what he is, he’s as bad as Putin a pseudo dictator who cannot let go of the reigns of his imaginative power!.

get him out he’s had enough chances out !

how many chances do these people have - as many as the bourgeoisie let them!
Couldn't have put it better Wayne....Hope you are keeping well yourself mate?

And yet there’s a steady stream of public being pushed out all saying he’s doing a good job, he gets the big jobs done and PartyGate just proves he’s like the rest of us…

There’s no hope, I remember a little old lady voting Con last time because JC was going to get rid of food banks.

If Johnson is a dictator, he is an elected dictator.

The real problem is in so many people voting to be dictated to.

28% of those eligible to vote. Not a mandate or endorsement in any logical sense. I do not recognise this as a legitimate authority.

If Johnson is a dictator, he is an elected dictator.

The real problem is in so many people voting to be dictated to.

The past few days symbolise the extent that we celebrate being reigned over and dictated to.
I remember my old History teacher banging on about 'the tyranny of democracy'; once a UK government has been elected with a reasonable majority they can do more or less what they like, and those who didn't vote for them just have to put up with it. So in effect none of us has any option but to be dictated to, unless we start smashing the place up.

I'm with Ken Clarke who recently said we are heading towards an "elected dictatorship". Johnson has got rid of fixed term parliaments, is changing the ministerial code, banned protest, increased surveillance and uses the Met as his personal army. We have been sleep-walking into disaster and not just the economic one that he's bringing us to.

I'm with Ken Clarke who recently said we are heading towards an "elected dictatorship". Johnson has got rid of fixed term parliaments, is changing the ministerial code, banned protest, increased surveillance and uses the Met as his personal army. We have been sleep-walking into disaster and not just the economic one that he's bringing us to.

It’s been on the cards since before Brexit. The gammons are Johnson’s plentiful Proud Boys. Everything is playing out exactly how Steve Bannon, Farage, Banks and the rest of them intended. The lack of public outrage at the Rwanda trafficking has scared the shit out of me. We aren’t sleepwalking into fascism, we’ve actually arrived.

I remember my old History teacher banging on about 'the tyranny of democracy'; once a UK government has been elected with a reasonable majority they can do more or less what they like, and those who didn't vote for them just have to put up with it. So in effect none of us has any option but to be dictated to, unless we start smashing the place up.
This is very true, our democracy is immature for sure. However, we do have the option not to vote for politicians with a messiah complex, politicians who are proven liars, and politicians who have already tried to subvert what democracy we have. If we want a mature democracy, perhaps we need to take greater care of what we vote for?

banned protest, increased surveillance
Covid protest has been banned (or rather limited) pretty much in every western country, and this forum (including me) mostly endorsed the ban. We had a pandemic, remember.

Increased surveillance has increased dramatically everywhere, even in 'perfect' countries, simply because the technology is there. You don't need a Johnson for this. At the turn of the Millennium, the UK championed cameras China-style, especially in London. Wait a minute, wasn't Blair in charge at that time ?

This is very true, our democracy is immature for sure. However, we do have the option not to vote for politicians with a messiah complex, politicians who are proven liars, and politicians who have already tried to subvert what democracy we have. If we want a mature democracy, perhaps we need to take greater care of what we vote for?

It really needs to be the portion of 'we' who consistently vote Tory who need to take greater care of who they vote for. I don't suppose there's more than a handful of such on pfm, but I doubt that any of them are seriously considering of voting any differently at the next General Election. Tribalism unfortunately continues to rule.

Covid protest has been banned (or rather limited) pretty much in every western country, and this forum (including me) mostly endorsed the ban. We had a pandemic, remember.

Increased surveillance has increased dramatically everywhere, even in 'perfect' countries, simply because the technology is there. You don't need a Johnson for this. At the turn of the Millennium, the UK championed cameras China-style, especially in London. Wait a minute, wasn't Blair in charge at that time ?

Any protest that HMG doesn't like can and has been dealt with violently as you well know, a prime example being the women attacked by police for protesting about a woman raped and murdered by a copper.

This govt has passed new laws to allow ever more intrusive surveillance.

Many seem not to gaf about the deaths directly caused by benefit cuts, the cutting of 38000 hospital beds since Cameron took office, the needless deaths caused by Boris' Covid lethargy. Foodbanks, not a problem, gotta keep doling dough out to the already stinking rich. We can clearly see the nature of those who support or make excuses for this murderous, corrupt shower of sh!t.

PS I hate Blair too!

The government's proposed bill means I could be fitted with an electronic tag for the offence of 'contributing' to another person carrying out 'protest-related activity' which 'could have resulted in serious disruption'.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...arching-documents/public-order-bill-factsheet

It's so vague I could potentially be prosecuted for pretty much any kind of support for pretty much any kind of protest group.

Nothing to do with covid. It's an attempt to delegitimise protest altogether.

advertisement

Back