advertisement

Jimmy Page, hmmm

Luxman L100 control amp (IIRC one of Tim de Paravinci's 1970s designs for Lux) with McIntosh power amp on the bottom, my guess it's the classic MC-2105. I will take your word on the SME since there is a cover on what appears to be the record player. Meridian CDP is very well spotted.
The speakers have me stumped. My guess is JBL L100s with a new grille.
Apparently the house is so fragile he only plays acoustic guitar there, so I guess this very classic setup does not get turned up to 11.

Astonishing house. I thought he lived in the Lutyens house in Sonning (which is also stunning); I assumed he still lived there as he often shows up at the Reading Record Fair.

It is a fantastic house, and quite the responsibility. You can understand his worries about Robbie Williams' cellar plans now.

I could have sworn I read somewhere that his house once belonged to Aleister Crowley? It's not mentioned in that article. Maybe it's another one of his properties .

It is a fantastic house, and quite the responsibility. You can understand his worries about Robbie Williams' cellar plans now.

I could have sworn I read somewhere that his house once belonged to Aleister Crowley? It's not mentioned in that article. Maybe it's another one of his properties .
Yes - that was Boleskine House on the shores of Loch Ness.

I'm no fan of Victorian Gothic, but this building is very obviously of considerable architectural importance and has been beautifully conserved. To allow adjacent works that risk damage to it seems lunacy. I guess he's gone public to reveal the exceptional circumstances behind this neighbourhood planning dispute.

He regularly sends LZ record sleeves from around the world that are somewhat grotty (that he collects) to a record dealer I know who has a pal who uses some miraculous chemistry to clean them up. He’s had JP ring him up to thank him and let him have rare early pressings etc.

advertisement

Back