advertisement

Jim Steinman passes

Most embarrassing record in the collection....
2raln1x3WcL5gFjXnrg8Gz_6J7pcQiY0pfqyok8PkDQf3fmBog6pn467e4s1l9M4-fks6vf2NrS1YaVnCy-V4z4qshl02ABiQSaUMkc4y9x-UHP3dTYwmU9dWfoyLuXfVvMXWk4A8rwlhEwOOATPQPnTdANDgE6TA2kR4rkntOqvQIdii01u5jNJAJoD-Azar_oox_XtiCeG0qk-72giBPbQZriSNkauKIN-8o57NAeApQvWFbYIqdos8YgzamQhAxu6_QBVTjseZDlbdAazKlMd1nC4mM6B79Fyk5F1PIrPWJdLU2h_PTtXj0WARGeZ_WRw2g0sDklvkjDr1iDVEpiUtqbhK-yAhfjDkcmt-4G_8oo1Xwq0yNTnBWi23DfwnTNtizCQj9Aq2dFMuSUE-8PWFD9EqFL5eKQPaR5ieANYB7B6CcrTI5h9-UATvC1xAtbxqzJevRCsKKKNhMKnVQ1DD10ANvtIKrJy_-zWMHF9Tp4Go0n9EJiUR2Q8Baeh4JpQUtPBg5KPDWz9RrlBDlQBUtkz2FSjkcyFH1J5sOgnPPSIELHBLYbfMI-GDiJ0veJyougD0GBEhOvwnuh5ss6yK8L5KRSIKeUCJghJtmqCsTq5X8Vi07IE7w8mU-bR9kgJWXsNpCG9eNBd1qzx4uupBj4cOAx4aR7G24XQdW8bPegg97uXB86XJ-jLUQ8JUOHi1AYZ_1oWfRlAs_dLFAY=w1317-h937-no

Most embarrassing record in the collection....

I have that one, sitting just next to "Original Sin" by Pandora's Box (featuring and produced by JS) with the immortal track "Good girls go to Heaven (bad girls go everywhere)". I must give them a spin later!

A considerable tribute to him on R4 now (World at One), by Andrew Lloyd Webber - a colaborator and friend.

He revived two careers at least: Meatloaf and Bonnie Tyler.

'Faster than the Speed of Night' and 'Total Eclipse of the Heart' were mahoosive sellers.

Other than his work with the Sisters, his stuff reminds me too much of Friday and Saturday nights spent getting p*ssed with mates. Was it a law that all pub jukeboxes had to have BooH on it?

That said, my favourite Jim Steinman moment is this:

RIP Jim. OTT rock 'n' roll bombast will never be the same again.

Wow. Devastating news. Did so much that filled my late school and student days with music. Still play 'Bat' on a regular basis, and remain impressed by its overblown awesomeness. Original Sin by Pandora's Box is also an excellent collection of the type of songs Jim was so good at.

RIP Jim, you were fabulous.

Steinman's passing makes the last Meatloaf album, Braver Than We Are, even more poignant. Best Meatloaf concert I remember was when he performed almost all of Steinman's Bad for Good.

advertisement

Back