advertisement

Jelco Easy VTA adjuster

Has anyone here any experience of using or fitting one of these? There was a thread in trade sales:

https://pinkfishmedia.net/forum/threads/easy-vta-on-the-fly-improved-for-jelco-and-other-
tonearms.221005/

Is this an easy slot in for a jelco 750?

Julian
The link is dead for me. SME provides an easy fine adjustment for arm height- it would be even nicer if it was calibrated. I’ve been struggling with another arm, undoing the pillar screw to get it right but it’s very difficult. I have to keep retightening then checking with a spirit level and never seem to get it right.

I bought one following the original advert. Whilst it has to date not been mounted on anger on a table I do have it all fixed up on a spare armboard with my spare Jelco 750lb, and the Easy By a seems to work as advertised.

Just looked at my Project 9cc and it looks like the outrigger for the bias weight would foul the vta adjuster

Discounting the question of whether or not there exists any real need for on-the-fly VTA adjustment, upon first glance, it would appear that one might not be able to get one's tonearm low enough on some turntables.

advertisement

Back