advertisement

Jeff Buckley - Grace. Forthcoming Sony vinyl reissue

horace

pfm Member
Hi

The Diverse Vinyl website shows that Sony will be reissuing Grace on 180g vinyl at the end of March.

I wonder if it's likely to be better than my (rather disappointing) Simply Vinyl copy?

Anyone heard any of the recent Sony vinyl reissues?

Cheers

Martin

Yes, YNWAN has Lou Reeds Transformer and Berlin both on Sony BMG 200 gram, and they are frankly immaculate. At least as good as the original RCA issues and most likely on quieter vinyl stock compared to the OPEC years recycled vinyl of the originals releases.

We both have originals of the same albums. My OBI copy of Berlin is very slightly quieter than the Sony/Bmg reissues, but has a profoundly different mix.

Now the down side, i bought two copies of the same Tarnsformer this week, one for playing and anohter for keeping until the prices got ridiculous. Played one and thought, jesus that run in is loud. Hey whats that fine white dust my needle is kicking up. Oh no, don't say my needle is fragged.....Nooooooooooooo.

It wasn't, both discs were the same they appear to have a burr on one sidewall of the groove and my lovely stylus neetly trimmed it off. We played the other one on MArks deck to check it wasn't my needle, and it wasn't they were both shagged.

So their quality control doesn't extned to playing one from every stamper, other wise they would have picked this up, i expect the entire batch from this stamper or worse mother is shagged.

Ouch!

Can you claim damages?

Surely a pressing so bad it wrecked two cartridges must be worth a serious complaint........

:(

martin

the carts are fine, YNWAns eliptical just played the distorted groove, my line contact neetly lathed it off..

thye are both going back for a refund..

though that still leaves me searching, i may buy a couple from the US

advertisement

Back