advertisement

[FS] JBL Studio 530 Speakers in cherry with custom stands

djftw

Heterodox Member
OK – Part four I think! It is taking me a lot longer to get this all posted than I thought, but a few things have gone already and I need to declutter and shockingly I appear to be hoarding a lot of hi-fi and associated bits!

These are something I really don't want to let go, but I am not using. They have been standing in the corner of my living room for a year or more. JBL Studio 530 Speakers in cherry. Looks may be divisive! I can forgive people for not liking them in black ash, but in cherry (real wood veneer) I think they look awesome. I also have some custom stands made by a friend to fit perfectly which I think look great (and are a big part of why I have been reluctant to move these on.)

Stock photo of speakers until I remember how to log in to my Imgur...

680467_0.jpg

Mine are in good condition aside from one corner which has taken a small knock and a single broken lug on one of the grilles, neither of which are obvious in use. These are very much meant to be run with the grilles on as it completes the compression driver horn. The bi-radial compression driver is these babies' main event as it were. You are getting a big taste of the tech JBL uses in its far larger and costlier hi-fi speakers pared with a 5” woofer in a too-tall-to-be-a-truly-small speaker, but with a small speaker footprint.

I feel like I'm pricing these a bit blind as they do not seem to be common in the UK. Confusingly they seem to sell for twice what they cost new in Japan, and a fraction of that in the US! A few sales in the EU suggest to me that £350 might be a fair European price for the Cherry ones (the black seem to be a bit cheaper in every market!) I would prefer the stands went with them if at all possible. I think I am doing a disservice to my friend welding skills here; they are beautifully made and incredibly substantial, but call it £500 for speakers and stands.

For obvious reasons collection preferred, but I would consider delivering myself within a reasonable distance or even further afield if it aligns with my plans, please do ask!

Located just east of York

£500

Easier said than done at the minute, half the house is a building site and they are huddling out of harms way with most of the other hi-fi in the house 😅

SixCEq5
OK so since when don’t Imgur links work for images on here? How the hell are we supposed to post images now? 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

advertisement

Back