advertisement

JBL 4350A

Bargain. These go for 6~10x that in Japan.
Warning: these are 4-way 5 driver speakers with twin 15" LF units @ 115Kgs each.
Shock and Awe transducers.

4350a.JPG

Don't they break some Geneva convention?

Just done a search and can't find the listing. They are quite old units that may need some very expensive reconing doing.They are huge and fantastic..shock and awe indeed! £1000 is silly stupidly cheap if all in working order.Very popular with the WHO I believe.

indeed, Pete townsend used 8 of these for mixing quardophenia and gone deaf soon afterwards ;)

these are indeed awesome speakers but judicious pairing with "proper" amps is a necessity..

£1000 is of course a very low price for a set of 4350's. If they are in a good shape, that is. People who services pro/PA speakers has the knowledge to service them, check with them what a reconeing of the bass and mid bass drivers might cost beforehand, so you knew where the total cost might end! Also check that the plastic dispersion lenses on the mid horns are there, they are quite hard to get today.

JohanR (reborn JBL fanatic)

I had a pair some 10 years ago, and yup, they are awesome indeed, in many ways.
Try lifting/moving them around...
I bought my pair very cheaply from a recording studio in London.
They had supposedly belonged to some famous band or other (...can't remember which...)
All the 15"s needed refoaming, and I used Wembley for this, but wasn't happy with the result, so a friend came over from Sweden, and he did this expertly on my kitchen table...he he.
Before I moved to Sweden, these were sold to a guy in Germany.

Truly gigantic speakers, and some say they are the best...

indeed, Pete townsend used 8 of these for mixing quardophenia and gone deaf soon afterwards ;)

these are indeed awesome speakers but judicious pairing with "proper" amps is a necessity..

Valve amps only then...

advertisement

Back