advertisement

JazzHouse records

Jim Audiomisc

pfm Member
For some time I've got Jazz CDs from Alan at JazzHouse. However I'm concerned because of the following, so wonder if anyone knows what the situation may be. (By PM if it seems better than here.) I dithered about posting here, but do want to know if possible.

I sent an email to him a while ago about getting something. Got no reply and realised it had been some time. So checked his website and there is a notice that he was receiving medical treatment, dated 5th May! Also said 'no get well emails" so I don't want to email them. But does anyone know? Given the general situation I'm worried.

I only discovered Jazzhouse a couple of months ago so sorry to hear this. Hope he’s ok.

Yes, it is getting to be a long time.
I have used his extensive cd sales for quite a while.
Nice that he likes you to ring and have a chat rather than just order.
Great guy.
J

i’ve been in his unit and there are a LOT of very nice, sensibly priced LPs in there.

Alan is and has been one of the great unsung contributors to UK jazz scene.I’ve been buying records from him for many, many years. A true gentleman.

I really do hope Alan recovers to full health soon, he is such a decent person and very knowledgeable.

A number of years ago we arranged to visit him at his warehouse to buy a batch of Music Matters LPs, (when he was allowed to distribute them), and came away with lots of other good stuff too - he’s as happy talking about Derek Bailey and Han Bennink as Sonny Rollins and Horace Silver. He not only made my wife and myself very welcome, but also nipped out to the local Indian deli and treated us to lunch. Don’t get service like that too often.

Looking forward to his return - and placing an order.

advertisement

Back