advertisement

[FS] Jays Audio Cdt3 Mk3: rarely seen on the S/H market.

laverda

pfm Member
After a very long period of consideration I am selling my Cdt3 Mk3 in silver. Mainly from lack of use, I just don't use it enough, in fact I haven't used it for over 6 months. Originally purchased by myself direct from Beatechnik Pte. Ltd. Singapore. All import taxes and duties were paid before shipping to the UK.

It is without doubt the best Cd transport I have ever heard and can see why so many reviewers use this model as their reference against all others.

I purchased my unit in May 2022, and it comes with the original packaging (which is superb), remote, manual and white gloves and is in unmarked as new condition.

There are many many reviews and images of the transport on the net but I will post images for clarification.

I will reluctantly ship to mainland UK only but would prefer a prospective purchaser to view and audition this Cdt3 Mk3 prior by arrangement (Hampshire UK)

53671233462_ab43dd9112_h_d.jpg

53672464604_3056f964f7_h_d.jpg

53672565040_951a6abcf1_h_d.jpg

53672114116_94f9c85d47_h_d.jpg

53672472764_1413698bb9_k_d.jpg

£3999 a saving of £1500 on the RRP here in the UK.

At present you can buy direct from Jays Audio for $4998 + UK taxes and import duties are another $750 so offered are invited.

Last edited:
Before anyone confuses this with the CDT2 mk3 (which I recently sold here), this is the model up. It looks almost identical, but this model is significantly more expensive than the CDT2. I too sold mine due to lack of use (I downgraded to a Cambridge Audio CXC mk2 and there's no doubting that it doesn't sound as good as did the CDT2).

GLWTS

BUMP and additional pricing info.

At present you can buy direct from Jays Audio for $4998 + UK taxes and import duties are another $750 .

Last edited:
Would love to try this in my system, but I feel like you I would hardly use it.
But even so could it possibly be better than my top off the range melco playing ripped CD's or my vivaldi upsampler/streamer ??????
But I bet it would certainly sound lovely. Probably show my £200 secondhand sony top loader the 🚪 😆.

Assuming it is the same case as the CDT2 mk3 I had - and it sure looks like it - I can confirm that it's a superbly put together unit, weighing around 17kg and with a lovely standard of fit and finish. It is quite a big box, and needs to go on the top of a rack etc., unless you have a lot of clearance. I haven't heard the CDT3 described here, but have nothing but praise for the CDT2, so this probably moves it up a notch again...

The CDT3 is quite a bit heavier than the CDT2, it comes in at 23kgs IIRC. The whole thing has thicker Ali sides top and bottom. It is a lump to carry or move around.

I have a CDT3, albeit in mk1 format and can confirm it is very solidly put together and sounds fabulous. Not heard many if any streamers that can produce a sound like this transport through the same DAC.

Assuming it is the same case as the CDT2 mk3 I had - and it sure looks like it - I can confirm that it's a superbly put together unit, weighing around 17kg and with a lovely standard of fit and finish. It is quite a big box, and needs to go on the top of a rack etc., unless you have a lot of clearance. I haven't heard the CDT3 described here, but have nothing but praise for the CDT2, so this probably moves it up a notch again...
Given how much I like my Tag I sometimes wonder if I shI’ll have bought one. 🤔😆

advertisement

Back