advertisement

It's my ears?

I believe I prefer my bluesound node 2i via the chord mojo but I doubt I would be able to distinguish 100 percent in a blind test.
I actually believe the bluesound sounds fine through its own analogue output.
When the mojo runs out of battery & I just listen to the node on its own I don’t feel I’m missing much.

Reminds me of when I had an Onkyo DAB+ tuner that I connected to my pre via its analog outputs, but also connected its digital output to my Accuphase DAC (via TOSLINK).

One evening I thought that my Accuphase DAC really made DAB+ sound glorious and after checking realising that I have been listening to the Onkyo's analog outputs (i.e. via its own internal DAC) all along.

Happens to the best.

Last edited:
I find with DACs that it’s difficult to distinguish between them as an A/B comparison, but some I can live with and others begin to irritate/fatigue me. I would suggest listening to a DAC for a week or so and that one that disappears and allows you to enjoy your music without fatigue is the one to go with. This is the reason I keep my Chord DAC 64 - I just hear the music.

In my experience subtle differences are subtle, i.e. not very important. Important differences are important and not subtle at all. It took me years to realize this.

It took many years to realise this and you are still wrong. Impressive. Most people are wrong much quicker than that.

I find with DACs that it’s difficult to distinguish between them as an A/B comparison, but some I can live with and others begin to irritate/fatigue me. I would suggest listening to a DAC for a week or so and that one that disappears and allows you to enjoy your music without fatigue is the one to go with. This is the reason I keep my Chord DAC 64 - I just hear the music.
This is it. Listen first.

It’s not your ears.
It’s only because the Rega dac is shitty.
By now, in 2023, you should consider a better dac.
Between 1 or 2k you should find a very good dac, what comes to my mind in that price target is Denafrips. Either the Ares II or the Pontus and I bet you’ll ear the difference.
Rega makes some nice turntables and that’s it.
As for dacs I’m not so sure.
Just trying to help, not saying just by saying.
Contact Carlos Moreíra (you should know who he is and I’ll bet he would gladly help you find a good dac in which price target you’ll consider).

Rega makes some nice turntables and that’s it.
As for dacs I’m not so sure.
Just trying to help, not saying just by saying.
Contact Carlos Moreíra (you should know who he is and I’ll bet he would gladly help you find a good dac in which price target you’ll consider).
I know who is Carlos.I´ve been listening the Node trough RCA and the internal Dac is vey good!Not so sure about the Rega DAC...

I know who is Carlos.I´ve been listening the Node trough RCA and the internal Dac is vey good!Not so sure about the Rega DAC...
I'm glad that you are enjoying the Node's internal DAC but IME it can easily be bettered sound quality wise.

advertisement

Back