advertisement

Isobarik Blanking Plates

david ellwood

Kirabosi Kognoscente
I run my isobariks with front facing drivers only and so am having some blanking plates manufactured

so i can remove the redundant drivers.

Is anyone else interested in having a set (2 x mid , 2 x tweeter)?

last call before I order just for me!

Interestingly as I need to fill minimum order requirements for laser cutting I have space for any bespoke armboard requirements anyone might have?

Simply because they sound better without the upward firing drivers connected, and blanking them off removes any sympathetic vibrations from the disconnected drivers.

I believe the original reason for having them was to facilitate the balance of loads for the original passive crossover.

It’s been interesting learning about ordering profiles and I’ll be posting my experience with yorkshire profiles when my order arrives.

Hello all
Does anyone have a schematic for Aktiv Isobarik Crossover? I need to recap the thing but can’t read the values on the tant caps.
All the best
Bill

Hi, I'm doubtful whether they will sound better. They may image better without the top drivers but by messing with the design you are just turning them into an old three way Kef speaker.
There is a tube under the top midrange and unless you remove that also I think it will resonate and affect the blanking plate.
But good luck and please report your findings.

advertisement

Back