advertisement

Isoacoustics aperta

hifinutt

hifinutt
In recent years used isopucks under all my speakers . Just had another look at the isoacoustics aperta which i never knew you could adjust the angle of your speaker . something you cant do with standard isopucks . anyone compared the two ?

Iso Acoustics seem to run two ranges of products . The home audio range and the pro audio range . Strangely ( not ) the pro range is a lot cheaper . I bought some pro-Iso pucks for my sideboard mounted Spendor S3 speakers in my second system , they were quite good and are now in my home cinema system . I got a set of Iso proIso-130 speaker stands which are much better than the Pro-pucks and really rather good . The Pro-audio Iso-Pro 130 stands have the advantage of being small enough to actually fit under mini monitors, with a foot print of 130mm x 150 mm . They came from a music / DJ/ home recording studio on-line shop and were a bargain £77 . The frames are made of plastic rather than aluminium .

Iso Pro stands are better than Iso Pro pucks

wow , never knew that Rosie . thanks . yes i have tried the more expensive orea pucks against iso pucks and i cant really find a difference except the orea are more money . I use mini iso pucks , standard and the 76 under heavy floorstanders . never tried the aperta though

seems these cost 103 pounds each

and these cost 159 pounds each

In recent years used isopucks under all my speakers . Just had another look at the isoacoustics aperta which i never knew you could adjust the angle of your speaker . something you cant do with standard isopucks . anyone compared the two ?

I’ve got these for that exact reason. I have my speakers up on a bay window ledge to prevent my little one from pulling the speakers on top of him self. Not fussed about the speakers getting damaged, was more worried about him getting hurt. By having them higher up, I have to face them downwards and yeah, they do the job very nicely.

They work fantastically well, and they really isolate the speaker, I can not feel any vibrations on the ledge and if I’m honest, they sound better then being on stands.

I spoke with the Iso Acoustics guy about putting the Apertas on plinths with Gia 111’s. He said I’d hear no difference as the technology is the same.

Use/Used lots of their products over the years, all have done the job and not hugely expensive. Currently have those Aptera 155 under my ProAc Studio on my office desk, work really well, before that had pucks, before that those foam wedges, the 155 did bring an improvement to imaging and stopped so much bass transferring. Bought via a deals from a Pro Audio shops or Juno or Classifieds.

Have the Orea under my main hifi components and the black Iso pucks under normal kit, do the same job but the Orea look nicer and have different weight combos possible. The rectangular stands are good under centre speakers. Not tried under Subs, I use the SVS Feet.

Also trying out the zaZen platforms. kinda like posh Cyrus/Mission Isoplats.

Use/Used lots of their products over the years, all have done the job and not hugely expensive. Currently have those Aptera 155 under my ProAc Studio on my office desk, work really well, before that had pucks, before that those foam wedges, the 155 did bring an improvement to imaging and stopped so much bass transferring. Bought via a deals from a Pro Audio shops or Juno or Classifieds.

Have the Orea under my main hifi components and the black Iso pucks under normal kit, do the same job but the Orea look nicer and have different weight combos possible. The rectangular stands are good under centre speakers. Not tried under Subs, I use the SVS Feet.

Also trying out the zaZen platforms. kinda like posh Cyrus/Mission Isoplats.

You use ProAc Studio monitors on your desk?

Respect Due Sir! 👍 :)

advertisement

Back