advertisement

Iso-Pucks under heavy speakers - anyone using these?

Ted-M

pfm Member
Thinking about putting 3 x Isoacoustics Iso-Puck 76s under my ATC scm50s, 50's are 49kg and each puck is 18kg load so three seems ideal. My ATCs are on reasonably heavy duty stands (90cm) Anyone using these pucks? I can get 6 for about £160 so it's not a massive outlay if they do the trick.

Do you use those? (Gaia 2's) I think the 76 are the plain pro-market type but probably do very similar.

I too am a big fan of Gaias, but that doesn’t mean those won’t also work well. Can you get a set of both on a buy-or-return basis and just keep whichever works best?

Also, please tell all of us what you find!

Thinking about putting 3 x Isoacoustics Iso-Puck 76s under my ATC scm50s, 50's are 49kg and each puck is 18kg load so three seems ideal. My ATCs are on reasonably heavy duty stands (90cm) Anyone using these pucks? I can get 6 for about £160 so it's not a massive outlay if they do the trick.

I’ve not seen them that cheap, have you got a link for the lower price?

I use IsoPucks under my subwoofer. Probably unnecessary but they weren't so expensive (definitely cheaper than the Gaias or Oreas) and you don't see them since they're under the sub anyway. Mine are the regular IsoPucks, not the 76s though.

yes i use isopucks 76 under speakers . very cost effective at 124 for 4 . i love isopucks . i use them under many things and about 10 lots of speakers so far now

you can just see the iso pucks 76 under here

not quite as attractive as gaiia but a lot cheaper
Nice! What do you notice about the sound improvement?

ha ... now theres the thing i cant tell you as never tried it with spikes under verity !! however all the other speakers have been fuller sound. the proac 125 made a huge difference to sound

Speak to Windhoek he’s the expert but yes I believe so, the bolts replace the spikes. I just have a stack of 5, no bumpers, no bolts, under my speakers now but please don’t tell him. (One reason I don’t have bolts is I bought the wrong size).

What I do know is Addis pads are massively better than spikes so I really do advise people to spend £2.50 for 300 before they move to expensive options.

I use iso puck mini's under my speakers and they were under my Melco (now sold) Well worth the (relatively small in hifi terms) investment. Went from a hopeful sceptic to a believer from the moment they were installed.

ATC SCM50a with Isoacoustics Gaia. A user on the Naim forum used these. Isopucks do not have threaded holes so I am not sure how they are going to be fixed to the stands which are on standard spikes.

atc-scm50a-gaia.jpg

ATC SCM50a with Isoacoustics Gaia. A user on the Naim forum used these. Isopucks do not have threaded holes so I am not sure how they are going to be fixed to the stands which are on standard spikes.

atc-scm50a-gaia.jpg
Does the gaia improve anything?

I'd actually like to see a comparison between these devices and the cheap ones you can get to isolate a large appliance like a dryer. I've tried them under my Spendor S8e floorstanders with floor protectors for the spikes seated in the round depression and it seems to improve things. They don't look half bad either. Makes one wonder.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3144468472...d=link&campid=5338728743&toolid=20001&mkevt=1

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.

advertisement

Back