advertisement

Iso Acoustics Orea pucks

HifiDan

pfm Member
Hi,

Been looking at these for a while now as I’ve slimmed down my rack as it was becoming a bit overbearing in my living room (according to Mrs W.) Does anyone use or have tried these?

I’m looking for some insight as to what they do, if anyone gained any benefits from using them etc.

They don’t appear too much on the used market which could be considered as a good thing (people liking them and not selling).

Thanks in advance,

Dan.

I've tried them (and the Gaia's), didn't do much/anything under equipment (especially compared to what they cost) so I returned them.

I use the pro version Iso pucks under budget speakers to good effect. And the Townshend bars under bigger speakers.

I've tried them (and the Gaia's), didn't do much/anything under equipment (especially compared to what they cost) so I returned them.

I use the pro version Iso pucks under budget speakers to good effect. And the Townshend bars under bigger speakers.
Thanks,

To kit myself out I’d be looking at spending around £700 which is a big outlay for nothing in return.

Dan.

For what it’s worth (not much) I changed the footings on my own speakers. Found some spike feet on eBay which look like Linn Skeets (identical really) but instead of solid metal they had a thick squishy inner.

That’s changed the sound of the speakers greatly for the better.

Long winded way of saying I’m not surprised they help speakers. I’d be surprised if they make anything but very minor changes if any to electronics. But, what do I know..!

For what it’s worth (not much) I changed the footings on my own speakers. Found some spike feet on eBay which look like Linn Skeets (identical really) but instead of solid metal they had a thick squishy inner.

Long winded way of saying I’m not surprised they help speakers. I’d be surprised if they make anything but very minor changes if any to electronics. But, what do I know..!
Thanks, great info

Dan.

Got a link for those interested? :)

If it’s component isolation you’re looking for how about these?

or more discreetly, these.

i tried oreas under my nova...they made it look silly sitting on tall chrome feet but the sound became hyper detailed and pinched.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
And then there were Addis pads. Give us your bank details #windhoek, it looks like some of us all owe you about 500 quid per head.

Hi Dan
I have a few sets of them for not so essential bits of my hif (Entreq boxes etc). I use the Townsend Seismic pods for all the imporrant stuff.
Out of interest I swapped the Pods for the Oreas. Night and day difference, the Pods are infinitely better and well worth the extra money. The Oreas ruined the sound on source, Amps and even a big (worse) difference on my power supplies.

Hi Dan
I have a few sets of them for not so essential bits of my hif (Entreq boxes etc). I use the Townsend Seismic pods for all the imporrant stuff.
Out of interest I swapped the Pods for the Oreas. Night and day difference, the Pods are infinitely better and well worth the extra money. The Oreas ruined the sound on source, Amps and even a big (worse) difference on my power supplies.
The seismic pods are fantastic, have used them and the platforms.

Thanks for your input, looks like I’m better spending the money elsewhere.

Dan.

I tried Oreas under my Nova and got the same results as hifi-dog. The sound became really clear and precise, and certain elements of the sound were projected in a really unnatural way, like the music being pulled apart. It was a real relief to remove them. They may work better with other equipment but with my Nova they were horrible. They also look crap. Many people seem to believe that adding these tweaks equals improvement, but that’s often not the case. Naim equipment for example has isolating feet, designed as part of the product, and really doesn’t need anything else.

I tried Oreas under my Nova and got the same results as hifi-dog. The sound became really clear and precise, and certain elements of the sound were projected in a really unnatural way, like the music being pulled apart. It was a real relief to remove them. They may work better with other equipment but with my Nova they were horrible. They also look crap. Many people seem to believe that adding these tweaks equals improvement, but that’s often not the case. Naim equipment for example has isolating feet, designed as part of the product, and really doesn’t need anything else.
Thanks for your input.

I’m definitely on the “forget about it” side of the fence now.

Will look at alternatives.

My aim is to slim down my rack size and make it look more homely (if that’s a word,) so need something that’s not to big and look half decent, t these don’t seem to be fitting the bill, especially if they decrease performance like some have suggested.

They get glowing reviews but after all, they are reviews and usually paid for.

Dan.

Try the next step up Urea Pucks.

These demonstrably prove that foo increases linearly at the same rate as does one's willingness to piss away one's money.

I don’t know what equipment or rack you have at the moment, but Isoblue may fit the bill. It’s very furniturey and works really well without extra isolation feet.

I don’t know what equipment or rack you have at the moment, but Isoblue may fit the bill. It’s very furniturey and works really well without extra isolation feet.
I’ve currently got a Hi-Fi racks podium reference.

I like its look in the oak finish and the Mrs is happy with it so it’s a keeper.

Dan.

The Addis pad combo and the new combo sandwich are 100% guaranteed to have no paid reviews ;)

Regardless, somebody has said ice hockey pucks are great at isolation. I haven't tried this option myself but one day I might. You can get an 8-pack of ice pucks for £14 here @ Amazon and although I've no idea how they'd perform, I admit, they look better than the Addis pad combo so there's that if nothing else. And it might well be nothing else, I just don't know.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.

advertisement

Back