advertisement

Islington = anything left?

dss

Musical Bons
For a change, thinking of a trip to this That London suburb.

I know Reckless gone, but there were a couple of other vinyl shops, one uber expensive (Severed Heads - Since the Accident £56!!!) and another a bit more sensible.

Any locals can provide info is it?

DS

I might have a mooch up that way tonight - but Notting Hill Gate is still excellent i.e. both rock/pop and soul/dance MVE shops very well stocked at the mo.

Cheers

Rich

I used to work on Essex Road and it cost me a bloody fortune. Reckless and Flashback were great. It would be sad if Flashback has gone. I know Reckless closed years ago. Haggle Vinyl was a complete rip off and I only went in 2 or 3 times even though I am/was a complete vinyl junkie and passed it on my way home.

Does anybody know if the 2ndhand vinyl shop on Stoke Newington High St is still going? I can't remember the name.

Peter

Didn't get there tonight sos - just did Berwick Street and Hanway Street. OK but not great.

Cheers

Rich

R6, I'll be doing Poland St and Berwick St tomorrow, and see if Essex street can be fitted in.

DS

Cool - let us know the score on essex St - not been up that way for ages. Am back home tomorrow but should have more London shopping opportunities over next few weeks.

Cheers
Rich

Totem Records in Church St, Stoke Newington. Iused to live in Highbury so that was fairly close and always had a tune or two that I wanted. Not sure if it's still there, maybe try the interweb of phone them.

P.s the record shop in chapel market is no more, sadley :(

ATB

G

Totem records!! Yep, thats the one. Thanks Gerald. Couldn't find a web site for it but it is mentioned in a few on line shopping guides so I guess it's still going.

Peter

advertisement

Back