advertisement

Is Vinyl is the King of sources, yes or no?

Is vinyl the king of sources?

• Yes

Votes: 30 42.3%
  • No

Votes: 41 57.7%

• Total voters
I would like to know what the consensus is.

"Impossible to achieve" is the only thing consensus will be in these parts!

p.s. I voted 'No', and that's despite loving vinyl. See - I can't even achieve consensus with just me.

If the poll has the highest votes for yes does that mean vinyl is the king of sources amongst all music lovers who play recordings
forum wide,
UK wide,
globally ?

or not really just people had some fun

No vote. There are no kings of sources only would be publicity seekers (journalists e.g.) making their views known

I have a TT and albums going back to Days of Future Past when it was released but noting the condition of most new albums I have bought in the last few years I ain't bothering no more.

Can't think that any one source is King, apart from having them play live in your lounge!
I love vinyl and cd and radio, personally!

Vinyl is quite a poor format if what you seek is something able to produce a perfect facsimile of the source signal. However it proved an excellent format for the the cheap mass distribution of music.

It sounds more than good enough for most ears when played on a decent TT front end.
It sounds atrocious on a poor TT front end.

On a good TT the changes made to the source signal are for the most part euphonic and that's all that counts.

Science fact: You can't give chipmunk rides with mp3s.

giphy.gif

Joe

It`s all subjective - and we all know it is, so we should just chill and relax (isn`t that what this hobby`s about??)

To answer the question from my perspective, (and I`ll say no more), I`ve personally decided to plough more dosh into vinyl than anything else, coz` everything about it makes me happier when considered as a whole.... asking, or indeed saying, one is `better` than the other is missing the point, and IMHO, very narrow & limiting. Each to their own, baby chi`l! Peace.

I exercised my right not to vote.

Is the chipmunk's tail anti static?

I voted yes because I like playing records, and not because I believe in monarchies as systems of government.

It`s all subjective - and we all know it is, so we should just chill and relax (isn`t that what this hobby`s about??)

To answer the question from my perspective, (and I`ll say no more), I`ve personally decided to plough more dosh into vinyl than anything else, coz` everything about it makes me happier when considered as a whole.... asking, or indeed saying, one is `better` than the other is missing the point, and IMHO, very narrow & limiting. Each to their own, baby chi`l! Peace.

Spot on really it's a hobby. People wouldn't splash out 20k on a Triumph TR6 or 90k on an E type if it wasn't. After all they could spend 4k on a civic type R or something similar which would do everything better.

I voted no despite being a classical vinyl enthusiast. It continues to give me much pleasure and when it's good it's wonderful. When it's bad it's terrible.

If CD mastering of older stuff was all as good as the best I'd ditch the lot, but it's not so I won't!

advertisement

Back