advertisement

Is the WAM dead?

...AoS is now in need of urgent maintenance IMO; it is running unsupported 10 year old vBulletin software, it does not appear to be GDPR, let alone TCF2.2 compliant (his ad revenue will almost certainly vanish soon as Google have given AdSense users a deadline of Feb 1st). I really hope someone who knows him and can help reads this as AoS needs real attention right now IMHO.

Been over there a few times recently. (While I await the Maverick forum offering a background choice. :rolleyes:)

It's still soldiering on, but it's not looking very healthy.

For me, the biggest loss is the masses and masses of information that was pooled on Wigwam.

I remember a huge fuss over archiving/deleting old sales threads there for exactly that reason … an absolute treasure trove of archive images and info for some really rare and isoteric pieces, many of which are now in the hands of collectors, and just don’t see the light of day with any regularity.

In addition, So much great advice, information , experience and debate. All gone, save for dedicated, hard to navigate archive sites.

I was reading up on Cheviots last night and kept clicking on Wigwam links out of habit. I’ll have to train myself out of that.

For me, the biggest loss is the masses and masses of information that was pooled on Wigwam.

I remember a huge fuss over archiving/deleting old sales threads there for exactly that reason … an absolute treasure trove of archive images and info for some really rare and isoteric pieces, many of which are now in the hands of collectors, and just don’t see the light of day with any regularity.

In addition, So much great advice, information , experience and debate. All gone, save for dedicated, hard to navigate archive sites.

I was reading up on Cheviots last night and kept clicking on Wigwam links out of habit. I’ll have to train myself out of that.
One of the first things the new owners did when I sold it, was to remove the reviews section.

It was the area I was most proud of, with reviews by Jason Kennedy, Ed Selley and others. It took a lot of time and effort to build up and cost money to pay the professional reviewers, ship goods and generally maintain. That pissed me off more than anything else they did. It was a real investment of time and money and was worth every penny. They just deleted it. I was furious.

Been nice reading these last few pages, I kind of gave up on it when James sold up. I'd forgotten some of the names, especially SSM who was hilarious. Hope every one is doing OK.

Been nice reading these last few pages, I kind of gave up on it when James sold up. I'd forgotten some of the names, especially SSM who was hilarious. Hope every one is doing OK.

One of my favourite posts was when Jack/Big Dur (long before BD Audio) came up with a joke cable of his own … some F-off ugly commercial thing from a building site IIRC.

The Wam used to genuinely make me laugh back then.

Not very long, apparently...

The requested page could not be loaded.
  • Check your internet connection and try again.
  • Certain browser extensions, such as ad blockers, may block pages unexpectedly. Disable these and try again.
  • The WAM may be temporarily unavailable. Please check back later.

advertisement

Back