advertisement

Is the recession now hitting hifi buyers

Or don't want to afford it, when a interconnect cost more than a iphone, a laptap, a tablet, or whatever, they are just sticking two fingers up at it all.

I do agree though that there are also many good brands out there. It's the modern day daft pricing that bugs me ( and many others)

Especially when said interconnect performs EXACTLY the same function and to the same standard as a £2 Maplins equivalent.

Chris

Must agree cables are a rip. The cost of the raw materials do not warrent the cost of the finished cables no matter how well they are made or what of.... I was looking at cryo'd single crystal copper cables to make myself - problem was even the prices I paid for semi finished parts were high as the supplier was selling them high. Normal copper was so much cheaper :( Then the two hours to make up a pair of interconnects was very time consuming and the final sale price made them fit right in with others in the mid price....so was I offereing anything of better value....dunno - but I have for the moment decided against it. There are just too many cable brands now....all confusing :confused::mad:

Gents.....

IT'S THE SUMMER.

Hifi always slows down massively between May and September in the 2nd hand channels.

Totally agreed. Price of used equipment is lowest during summer when people care more about going on holiday or having BBQ. Prices get higher towards October and November when it is dark and cold, best to stay at home to enjoy music.

I haven't actually bought an IC in years. I've got shitloads red/white freebies from a long line of kit bought back in the 70's/80,s.

Chris

Ah ok! Perhaps they used to be cheaper but they aren't now. I do buy there occasionally but only if I can't wait for delivery. Regards,
Darren

advertisement

Back