advertisement

iPod Classic - iTunes help.

I.D.C.

pfm Member
I came accross an old iPod Classic in good working order with albums I would like onto itunes on my Mac-pro. Used to connect the iPod it would update both the iPod and itunes. ITunes reads Ian's iPod but the albums wont transfer to iTunes. Next can I copy cd's into itunes with my external apple disc reader. Will they go onto my iPod from iTunes ? Can you play itunes through bluetooth ? Thanks for any help.

I came accross an old iPod Classic in good working order with albums I would like onto itunes on my Mac-pro. Used to connect the iPod it would update both the iPod and itunes. ITunes reads Ian's iPod but the albums wont transfer to iTunes. Next can I copy cd's into itunes with my external apple disc reader. Will they go onto my iPod from iTunes ? Can you play itunes through bluetooth ? Thanks for any help.

I have seen a computer whizz mate download off of my ipod classic.

I then had to reset it as I recall?? it was years ago.

I love my 160 gb classics, I have 2, one connected to kitchen bose thing, one connected to bedroom system.

Always take one on holiday. I have stuff on there I have never listened to...

I have seen a computer whizz mate download off of my ipod classic.

I then had to reset it as I recall?? it was years ago.

I love my 160 gb classics, I have 2, one connected to kitchen bose thing, one connected to bedroom system.

Always take one on holiday. I have stuff on there I have never listened to...
Yea I have Monitor Audio iPod boogie box for when away. Apple are a pain cant for the life of me understand why iTunes does not support the iPod Classic.

diskmode wont give you access to the music. It was an agreement apple made with music companies way back when to prevent pirating.

There used to be windows apps you could get if you were happy to install them that would force the music off. But I wonder in the end if the music on there is just that precious?

diskmode wont give you access to the music. It was an agreement apple made with music companies way back when to prevent pirating.

There used to be windows apps you could get if you were happy to install them that would force the music off. But I wonder in the end if the music on there is just that precious?

Might even be AAC or mp3 if it's old.

To manage content on my iPod classic (60gB) I keep a copy of iTunes 4.2. No iTunes store providing I remember to tell it not to update (install while off line and go to setup) but also no album art or any of those other niceties that many seem to think are essential these days.

It's ages since I used it but in the same folder I also have install files for something called 'ephpod' which I think functions as requested by the OP.

Jim

advertisement

Back