advertisement

Ios7

On the ipad It's downloading ok but keeps failing on the "preparing update" part.

iPhone is looking ok so far and is still on the preparing update part.

Just get it on pirate bay lols. Its the same one, you want the GM (gold master) version for your phone.

Or wait until the morning, because right now the whole of america is hammering Apples servers.

...because right now the whole of america is hammering Apples servers.

10pxc40.jpg

Looks that way...

My iPhone 5 downloaded it in about 25 minutes, and loaded it in about 15. All seems ok but rather strange at the mo. I'll get used to it.

Its certainly different, but very much the same. Its worth the price for quick access to brightness etc but frankly there is very little else 'new' apart from the candycrush looks.

Its certainly different, but very much the same. Its worth the price for quick access to brightness etc but frankly there is very little else 'new' apart from the candycrush looks.

CandyCrush? I thought it was going all Jonny Ive in a New York trendy loft minimalist?

Matthew, its very colourful. Copying Windows 8 in terms of thin fonts.

Perhaps not candycrush, more girly boy. Vuk would be very sad. That being said I bet he secretly owns an iPhone 5

Ipad any iPhone are now updated and it is definitely going to take some getting used to

All the icons look very basic to me and the lines and borders are now much thinner, initial thoughts are I don't like it.

There is very little about it thats 'better' in terms of use or usability, its pure slappy. For instance the annoying behaviour where the call fails>you unlock the screen later>it starts dialling that number>you quickly stop the call>the phone screen blacks out>you open again and have to reenter code is, is still there.

There is genuinely nothing new apart from the brightness controls you can pull up from the bottom.

The problem is, (And I am genuinely trying not to be a fanbois here) is that the original IOS was just about fine for a phone, this is change because share holders are edgy, not because its doing anything new.

I think the fear in that new guys voice is carrying into the product, apple are screwed.

As long as OSX and the hardware remains I don't care, one thing I have concluded after a few months with a top of the range PC, is I will take OSX annnyyy day.

I have put it on my iPhone 4S. Where is iTunes radio? I can't find it.

I think all the animations will quickly grow tiresome.

Generally I like it so far. The fonts in Chrome are a bit different.

I also think the animations are a bit slow. I'd prefer less animation and more snappiness in the response.

Looks like they didn't quite get around to revising the look of iBooks, it still has the stupid pretend wood surround :)

Mine is farked. It doesn't even have an option to cancel the download afaics.
I'm long tired of skeuomorphism so I think I'll like it. From what I've seen it looks a bit like Ableton Live but brighter which is OK 'cause I have some new sun glasses.

advertisement

Back