advertisement

Invoice template?

Hi scolarest.

Ive tried to explain in as simple a way I can: I am not using excel. I have tried, desperately, to get it, in order to make use of an invoice template I see dangled- increasingly infuriatingly- in front of my eyes..

I cannot get excel.

I have tried similar ones to excel, in order to make use of any template whasoever, but I cannot make any work.

I need someone to tell me what Im either doing wrong, or a pointer to one that works (NOT a template itself, but the step needed BEFORE.. ie something along the lines of excel??).

Captain, you don't need excel. Do you have a word processor on your PC, if so use that and make your own template.

All I know is I have windows XP. Whether this has a word processor on it Ive no idea, or how I'd find out either.

Ok a different tack..

If I see an invoice template on the www, it looks suitable, so I click on it to download. The system, whatever it may be that is telling me, says I cannot access th template unless I download XYZ, first (in order to be able to make use oif the template itself).

I download XYZ. It say run? so I click run. It looks like its downloading, and finishes. Then there is nothing. Its gone? there is an icon on the desktop.. so I click that. And it denies me access. (exactly similarly with 5 or 6 others Ive tried now).

Question: what the cocking hell do I do then to get to use a basic www. invoice?

No, I have a rubber car and a good length of hose.

Ok Ive (almost) cracked it!! woohoo.. another site, another lenghty d'load/try (Invoice2go) and I have my invoice all filled out and saved, in the word-processed Invoice2go page. So this was done offline..

**Final Q is simply thus then: as my printer has died, Ideally Id like to use the attatch function on my hotmail email and attach this saved invoice, from where it is at the mo, & email it on. I can't see obvious way to get it to somewhere from where I can then nab it as an attatchment.. so is this feasable, and if so how?**

thanks all- perseverance is my thing with pc's, I knew I'd cocking well do it, eventually.

So you have the invoice saved on your computer then? Is it that you can't find the saved file? If you open the invoice again in Invoice2Go, can you do a "Save As...", and then check where it's prompting you to save it? Either that or do a Save As (or export, or whatever you do to create the invoice), and make sure you save it in My Documents.

Once you know where it is, you should be able to attach to Hotmail OK, as you'll know where to go to find it.

Perseverance is it- somehow I managed to save as a pdf and attach > sent. great site btw (invoice2go) the only one I didn't need to d'load some guff in order to use it.

thanks all- & Greg, you're wit is astounding.

Hi Paul, when you say 'try openoffice'

Sorry for the delay, but looks like you have solved your problem.

Anyway, it may be useful to you anyway, OpenOffice is a suite of software like MS Office, except it's free. There are a lot of templates available online for free, also.
Regards
Paul

advertisement

Back