advertisement

Invoice template?

The Captain

~~~~~~~~~~
Hi, help please.. I need to send an invoice, a proper job Ive not before done with a computer: is there anything simple as poss to nab from anywhere? Ive tried to download from sites, but none seem to work.

thanks capt.

When I started up I just pulled down a nice one from the MS Office Online template library.

Edited it to taste.

You need to include this bits in bold the rest is optional but nice to have...

Your (company) name and address
Telephone number
Mobile
Email address
URL for your web-site
Invoice date

Your customer's (company) name and address
Any contact name/position if a company (e.g. Account Dept.)
Break down of the work carried out and charged for (including parts, labour etc.), as detailled as approiate and include unit price, number of units and total e.g. 5 widgets @£5 each total £25
VAT chargeable on the above (only if you are VAT registered)
VAT registration number - if applicable
Payment method and any payment terms agreed with the customer (e.g. by cheque within 7 days of invoice)

I did a google some time ago when I was after an invoice for some toe rag using one of my photos... found a suitable one in about 5 minutes... :)

Thanks chaps- I googled too.. but I couldn't download anything successfully, either I dont have X or Y to do so, or I click and save etc as asked.. then either its just awol, or I'm unable to open it once its icon thing is clicked on. fk knows what thats all about.. done my head in countless times with similar tries with downloaded things before.

I was just wondering if there's a doc thats easily passed on, in as simple/ as basic a 'system' (or whatever the sodding pc word is) such as Word or suchlike.

When I started up I just pulled down a nice one from the MS Office Online template library.

Edited it to taste.

Ive just had a look; if only it was as simple as 'i just pulled one from'..

for eg with the one you suggest: I click to download it, but Im unable to as I just get a mssg with garbled pc spiel 'no cookies enable'/ other such horrendous pc twatgeek talk preventing me.

surely there's a simple one I can get, somehow?

I would add you bank account name, no and sort code and accept payment by BACS is it.

Also state the payment terms and the date you expect cleared funds in your account, to save embrassment later on is.

DS

Ive just had a look; if only it was as simple as 'i just pulled one from'..

for eg with the one you suggest: I click to download it, but Im unable to as I just get a mssg with garbled pc spiel 'no cookies enable'/ other such horrendous pc twatgeek talk preventing me.

surely there's a simple one I can get, somehow?

I went -

New

And then found Invoices in the templates list.

It shows a load and then just clicked on the one I wanted and hey presto its your new document.

I have Office 2007 with the Office Online bit enabled.

I went -

New

And then found Invoices in the templates list.

It shows a load and then just clicked on the one I wanted and hey presto its your new document.

I have Office 2007 with the Office Online bit enabled.

yes I did try this too.. clicked new > then I simply cannot access it/ get it/ download it. for some reason. but thanks anyway.

If anyone else has any ideas how to get a simple invoice, on a windows xp pc, Id be grateful. Ive tried to get 'excel' to open an invoice doc, but cannot get it at all.

surely XP is 'modern' enough to get such a simple thing as a basic invoice doc, somehow?

Ok can someone explain what I need, first, whatever it may be, in order to..

..click on one of the many, basic invoice templates abound on the www.

Ive tried downloading 'excel' (as one of the templates was in, excel) to no avail- I cannot access it, or it seems other 'download'/ similar entities.. and ive tried for hours now on this.

This is flummoxing me- surely an invoice is a simple thing to obtain from the www.

Captain

You need the following information:

Your name / Company name
Address
Company number if applicable
The name and address of whoever you're invoicing
The invoice number, I'm presuming it's number 1.
Date
Some description of the goods or services you've sold / Number of units etc
The charge, I doubt you're applying VAT?
Date when payment is due
Your bank details if accepting BACS

That's really all you need unless I've forgotten something.

If you're having so much trouble using MS software, try OpenOffice. Download the program, then create a new document using one of the many templates available online.

TJ the details within the invoice is neither here nor there at the mo, as I haven't/ can't even get an invoice template! any, even a basic one, anything whatsoever. I cannot access the one you kindly sent. I cannot access any off the www.

Please s'one tell me why/ how?

If you're having so much trouble using MS software, try OpenOffice. Download the program, then create a new document using one of the many templates available online.

Hi Paul, when you say 'try openoffice' what precisely do you mean though? are you suggesting I download something in particular, and if so, would you be so kind as to show me exactly what?.. its just I seem to have 'tried' numerous similar types but none work, & I have no understanding why; when I can establish what either Im doing wrong, or precisely/specifically what I need to do/'try', Im just going round in circles getting nowhere.

advertisement

Back