advertisement

Introducing The Print Shop

Lefty

Trade: Amar Sood Photo
I'm excited to announce the beginning of a new venture: The Print Shop! A place to get high quality giclée prints of your own work :)

As many of you who hang around in the PFM Photo Room know, I'm a big advocate of printing your own images. The reasons for this are:

1. There's nothing more satisfying than seeing your own images in print. Photography is now more accessible than ever, yet the majority of images never exist beyond a screen. This is a huge shame.

2. Printing makes you a (much) better photographer. The single biggest improvement I saw in my own photography came when I started printing. Keeping the final print in mind made me approach image making in a completely different (and better) way.

The advantage with giclée printing is that it allows you to experiment with many different paper types. From textured German etching papers to fibre based baryta papers. (If you've never seen one of these prints before, you're in for a treat!) These papers offer a luxurious, heavyweight feel which (IMHO) really makes them stand out and gives a pride of ownership unmatched by the typical C type prints offered by the likes of Photobox.

Giclée prints also have more saturated and vibrant colours than C type prints. See below for an example of some of my prints, made on Fotospeed PF Lustre 275:

37727333655_4ce520ae52_b.jpg

The prints are made on an Canon Pro-1000 using a fully colour managed workflow with a calibrated monitor and custom ICC profiles created by myself using my x-rite i1 pro 2 spectrophotometer. (I have found these to be superior to custom profiles I've had created by the paper manufacturer)

To start with, I will be offering 3 different paper types (but this will expand over time) These are:

• Fotospeed PF Lustre 275

• Fotospeed Matt Ultra 240

• Fotospeed Platinum Baryta 300 - an absolutely gorgeous, fibre based baryta paper, particularly well suited to black and white images - highly recommended

Print sizes are A4, A3 and A2 over time. My pricelelist can be found below:

43953028512_8cab089fea_c.jpg

I am working on an online ordering system but for now, please PM to place an order.

I do hope some of you will be placing orders. There is so much photographic talent in this forum and it would be great to help you all experience the joy of the printed image :)

Amar

Last edited:
As part of The Print Shop's offerings, I have decided to offer my own prints for sale :)

Below is a price list and some recent A4 prints (all of which are for sale)

Please see my Flickr account here for images which are for sale: Flickr Account

42641879825_f66c367877_c.jpg

43500047772_7d8741413b_c.jpg

Amar

As discussed on the "Printing Thread" I finally bit the bullet and got myself a Canon Pro-1000 A2 printer. Needless to say, it's a big beastie! (40KG). Here's a picture of the box, next to my washing machine to give a sense of scale :eek:

42165776680_e4cdb73f7b_c.jpg

I'm pleased to say that it's now setup. All that remains is for me to create custom icc profiles for the papers and we're away. I'll update the price list once this is done with A2 printing options.

So.... who's going to be the first to order a print from this bad boy? :cool:

Amar

A little collage I put together to showcase my open edition prints :)

These make the perfect gift. Either for someone special or just as a treat for your home. I can also supply prints to decorate a retail, office or restaurant space.

Prices start from just £15

44148100994_940ce82235_b.jpg

Amar

So... I have signed up for my first craft fair and it's being held next week. Please do pop by and say hello if you can make it. It would be great to see some of you there :) Here are the details:

https://www.facebook.com/events/270953406941724/

I will be selling prints of my images (framed and unframed) I will also be selling hand made greetings / Christmas cards featuring my images.

I've just dropped these A3 prints off at the framers.

Hope to see you on the 17th :)

45796337681_dd3163f2a7_b.jpg

Amar

advertisement

Back