advertisement

Internet cost and speed

think I pay about £33 a month for talk talk superfibre including calls
gave me a cheap modem that often cuts out , left me with no internet for a month.
perhaps cheap is a false economy . avoid talk talk like the plague !!!!

£65/mo for 20Gbit/Sec all you can eat (just don't take the piss) Satellite broadband. I own my hardware. We can take it where we go. The house has a dish but I have a portable satellite uplink also. The TSA think I am a first responder, bless them.

Not great throughput rates as its dependent on weather but its rarely worse than 15Mbit/Sec. The alternative is 1Mbit/Sec BT Phone line for not a lot more. Eventually 4G will blanket the globe but not yet.

1261883549.png

I cut the cord for phone and just have a PAYG Mobile sim that I only really use for incoming calls.
Yes our ping sucks. Thats latency for you. Note it thinks I am on the isle of man, that's the closest to home its been in months!

4404659134.png

I pay about $95 a month for internet and unlimited phone calls. Boston area is rigged by Verizon, comcast and RCN. If I weren't moving in a month I'd switch back to RCN for a "new customer" deal.

He-he - 5Mbps down, 1Mbps up - CHF 10 per month with 180 channels of TV.

Works for me - I can still stream Netflix and make Lync video/audio calls over VPN with no performance impact...just not at the same time :)

£45/month ish. Unlimited everything with Plusnet. We usually chew our way through 130Gb or so per month. That'll go up soon when the 4K telly arrives. Well, for a week or two!

He-he - 5Mbps down, 1Mbps up - CHF 10 per month with 180 channels of TV.

Works for me - I can still stream Netflix and make Lync video/audio calls over VPN with no performance impact...just not at the same time :)

Yes. Peeps get drawn in by the access speed (note the word 'access'). The throughput is another matter and will constantly vary according to loading on the ISPs network.

Cheers,

DV

Yes. Peeps get drawn in by the access speed (note the word 'access'). The throughput is another matter and will constantly vary according to loading on the ISPs network.

Cheers,

DV

I guess it is down to what you use your access for - most domestic internet nowadays is faster than corporate access, why would a corporation pay for 20mbps+ per user when it is simply not needed in the real world (I'm just moving 1800 staff from 200mbps shared Internet and 300 concurrent VPN connections to 600Mbps access not because users are complaining, but because I'm also deploying a new forward proxy and want to boost performance).

I used to have 50Mbps in my last place, but all I needed it for was to download a HD movie in 12 minutes - chf 79 was expensive for only this - now I have 5Mbps ( & could drop the TV package with "dodgy" digi cards to make it ChF 5 / mth), need to wait an hour or two to download the movie...or just stream it direct via HD Netflix...or any other free provider via Kodi if their service is reliable.

FaceTime or Skype video to family (streamed over AirPlay to RPi2 with OSMC/Kodi connected to TV) also works fine with 5Mbps - why pay for more? :)

I get about 45 mb/s down, and 1.2 up

cost me £10 a month (BT infinity 1). Cheaper than the landline which gets absolutely no use,

352oks8.png
[/IMG]

A rather shit service here in northern Sydney.

And, like most things in Australia it's very overpriced too.

$128 AUD per month incl the phone which is approx 64.00 GBP!!!

advertisement

Back