advertisement

internal speaker wiring recommendations

chris turner

pfm Member
There are a lot of options out there (it seems) for internal wiring but what's good and given that I'm trying to build something high quality and avoid the temptation to meddle in the future has anyone any recommendations for a good quality option please?

I've toyed with Kudos KS1 on the basis that its used in the manufacture of their own speakers, OFC single crystal cobbler cabling from hificollective and Mogami 3104 so far but am still in two minds about what to go with

There are a lot of options out there (it seems) for internal wiring but what's good and given that I'm trying to build something high quality and avoid the temptation to meddle in the future has anyone any recommendations for a good quality option please?

I've toyed with Kudos KS1 on the basis that its used in the manufacture of their own speakers, OFC single crystal cobbler cabling from hificollective and Mogami 3104 so far but am still in two minds about what to go with

Haven't heard the Kudos but been running the Mogami 3104 for several years now . They do exactly as a good cable should . Do not colour the signal at all. Simply carry the signal - unadulterated -through my Tannoys to my ears....:cool:

I bought a pair of Sonus Faber speakers which were internally wired with Yter cable when I purchased a pair of external Yter speaker cable that was an absolutely wow moment.

Some of the most expensive speaker have cheap internal wiring - it's only 1-2 feet so I guess they think it's irrelevant.

Some of the most expensive speaker have cheap internal wiring - it's only 1-2 feet so I guess they think it's irrelevant.
Maybe I made a mistake with the design on this one, the binding posts (2 pairs) are on the base a la the Devore Orangutang and the drivers at the top of the 72cm tall cabinets so the runs will need something like 1.0 to 1.5 stereo metres per speaker

Will get the rest of the jobs done on the cabinets this week and see what's left in the speaker budget before making a final decision, interestingly I have some runs of NACA5 but won't use this, I'm looking to experiment with other cables as have used this for the last few years

Maybe I made a mistake with the design on this one, the binding posts (2 pairs) are on the base a la the Devore Orangutang and the drivers at the top of the 72cm tall cabinets so the runs will need something like 1.0 to 1.5 stereo metres per speaker

Will get the rest of the jobs done on the cabinets this week and see what's left in the speaker budget before making a final decision, interestingly I have some runs of NACA5 but won't use this, I'm looking to experiment with other cables as have used this for the last few years

If you’re building a crossoverless speaker and you plan to use a flea-power amp then it might be worth using thick cable both inside and outside of the box to reduce the effect of impedance interaction.

advertisement

Back