advertisement

Interesting - Be Warned

You might get a few hits if you gave an inkling of what’s about.
I certainly won’t click on it without having any idea what it is.

I like to live dangerously, so I clicked on the link.

Basically, it's just an explanation of why it's unsafe to rely on the legal limit for alcohol consumption, because the police can still charge you with being 'unfit to drive' even if you're below the legal limit, but have consumed some alcohol/drugs.

I’m not a driver, but I learned a very, very long time ago just how little alcohol it took before I couldn’t play the bass in time. I found that a real eye-opener and if I did drive there is no way I’d do so after any alcohol at all.

If the legal limit was a hard zero then I expect at least 10% of people driving to work of a morning would fail.:rolleyes:
The limit is fine where it is imo.

Never bothered James Jamerson, sometimes he had to play lying on the ground he was so pissed.

Sadly I am no James Jamerson! It is an odd thing, some folk seem able to play well drunk/drugged off their heads, others are just terrible and obviously impaired. Sadly I was in the latter category.

I’m not a driver, but I learned a very, very long time ago just how little alcohol it took before I couldn’t play the bass in time. I found that a real eye-opener and if I did drive there is no way I’d do so after any alcohol at all.
One of the many reasons I don't take the risk. I'm feeling less in control after pint #1; I went to watch the football in the pub at lunch yesterday which ticked all the negative boxes; day drinking, the fresh air sniper who always gets me when I go out the door. I walked the 1/2 hour it took to get there.

In my opinion, a zero tolerance rule would not work.

<moderating>

Ad hominem/personal arguments removed. The AUP should be clear enough that folk should expect their posts to vanish if they get sucked into cyclic arguments etc.

I truly support a zero alcohol when driving law and personally feel anyone found driving under any influence of alcohol should be punished. Just because we have a ‘law’ that says its ok, dosent mean its right. The death penalty is ‘legal’ in some countries and that sure isn’t ‘right’.

it will take time to condition a society who has built social structure around alcohol, and should begin with smaller fines raising to imprisonment once established.

Sadly people will defend what they ‘like’ to do till the death and Id go as far as assuming there were certain lobbying parties involved in the development of alcohol laws.

i also feel more powerful medication laws should be introduced for drivers especially for those on psychotropic medications.

We have a very conscious choice to drink or not and then drive, which is very different to experiencing human emotions from situational occurrences such as rage or upset being as valid as an excuse or ‘leveller’ for drinking under the influence.

https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/news/mo...rive-limit-to-zero-or-risk-further-fatalitie/

advertisement

Back