advertisement

Interesting Article on a track from My Life In The Bush of Ghosts

Saw the article and glad things got sorted.

I have the 6 volumes of Music in the World of Islam Tangent LPs which I bought in the late 70s from Recommended Records - my roadmap to so much interesting ethnic music since. (I'd still recommend them - I think they have also appeared on 2 CDs since). Hats off to Jean Jenkins too.

In my top ten, along with it's sister album, Remain In Light.

Back then when it was released there was nothing like it.

I remember being peeved when Channel 4 used a track for their american football programme. good tune as well.

Back then when it was released there was nothing like it.

I remember being peeved when Channel 4 used a track for their american football programme. good tune as well.

It blew my tiny mind when it came out.
Apparently a big influence on Hank Shocklee of Public Enemy

Superb album. This, Remain in Light, and the Tom Tom Club album all came out within 12 months. A band at the top of their game.

Great Album, one of the first East meets West recordings, somehow I managed to get hold of a CD called "Ghosts" which has some unreleased tracks and IIRC the vocals of the exorcism
It's on Klondyke Records KR21. I have not played it in ages, I think the SQ is not great (it may have come straight off the mixing desk)

I have a few versions, original record, cd and the Nonesuch double which is my go to version. couple of remixes, unreleased etc on the second record.

I have a couple of 2 inch singles from the album, and I have just noticed that the re mastered CD lists tracks on sides 1,2, and 3 which is quite good for a single CD :)

advertisement

Back