advertisement

Innuos Zen Mini / Zen questions.

Congratulations Bob. I hope you get as much enjoyment out of your purchase as I'm getting from mine, but don't include in the digital audio 'cognoscenti'.. I'm only just ahead of you.

If you want to get your music from your Zen to play on your tablet.. you will also need to download 'Squeezeplayer'. This will allow you to use Bluetooth headphones paired with the Bluetooth on your tablet.
Alternatively you could spend around 40 quid (or more..) on a Bluetooth transmitter which connects to your Zen.
Something like this.. https://www.amazon.co.uk/TaoTronics-Wireless-Bluetooth-Transmitter-Streaming-Black/dp/B083SFRLSQ/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?crid=31LAOQE0VG0A7&dchild=1&keywords=taotronics+bluetooth+transmitter&qid=1595858413&sprefix=taotroics,aps,183&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExSFhNS0RPS1M2QktOJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMzYxNTYxUFUxOUoxMDFOMDFDJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAyNTU5NzczVDVVMU5KNVE2VDdRJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==
Thanks for the heads up on this but I don't have any need for the music to be on the tablet, at the moment anyway.
What is nice about the tablet is the album artwork is about the same size as the CD cover, so to soften the culture shock.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Just had a look at Qubuz and it looks as if one needs a computer connected to the hi-fi, something that I don't have.
The Zen is connected to a Devolo extension thing in the sitting room. The computer is upstairs in my office. Would this still work in some way?

I think the Zen can do Qobuz. You’ll need a steady 10mbs and a phone/tablet app to control.

Last edited:
The Zen does indeed do Qobuz - just a matter of signing into your account in the settings menu.
As it's free for a month you can test to see whether your internet speed is sufficient.
As well as phone/tablet it can also be controlled via Squeeze Control on a laptop/pc - it's what I use.

Just had a look at Qubuz and it looks as if one needs a computer connected to the hi-fi, something that I don't have.
The Zen is connected to a Devolo extension thing in the sitting room. The computer is upstairs in my office. Would this still work in some way?
It should work. If your internet speed is a bit iffy you can restrict the maximum quality that Qobuz streams at, say just to CD quality, or if your network is really crap, less. Whatever, it will be enough for you to explore and play, and if you decide it’s for you you can take it further and beef up your network if necessary. FWIW I used it fine on a 6Mbs service. Worst case you and the rest of your family can listen to thousands of albums free for a month.

Qobuz is CD quality (and above) music streaming for £14.99 a month. It’s great.
Not that great. If you sign up for the free trial and decide it is not for you, make sure that you cancel payment at source. Simply unsubscribing within the trial period in my case was not be enough and payment for the following month was taken via my paypal account.

advertisement

Back