advertisement

Independent Scotland (part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm struggling to understand why Tories are so upset about Scotland leaving the union?

Surely that would mean it was more likely they'd win elections in the future?

Is it because so many of them own grouse moors up there?

Or is it the the hit they'd take locating the nukes in Portsmouth?

Stephen
Maybe they actually believe the UK overall is better off as we are. Strange concept for a politician to believe in something....

David-Cameron-and-Alex-Sa-011.jpg

Neither of them have normal shaped heads. Beware.

I'm struggling to understand why Tories are so upset about Scotland leaving the union?

Surely that would mean it was more likely they'd win elections in the future?

Is it because so many of them own grouse moors up there?

Or is it the the hit they'd take locating the nukes in Portsmouth?

Stephen

I was assuming it was reverse psychology. ;)

Tories are literally small c as well as big C Conservative and don't want to be seen as the having let the 300 year old Act of Union break up on their watch.

Tories are literally small c as well as big C Conservative and don't want to be seen as the having let the 300 year old Act of Union break up on their watch.

Not true.

The result of the referendum will have been the same if Nulab had been in power.

Cameron was the ultimate democrat, he gave the people of Scotland the opportunity to set their own destiny, the Scots alone decided their own future and that is perfectly acceptable in anyones book.

Mick

Cameron, Osbourn, Gove - almost all of them I've heard interviewed on Radio 4.

Stephen

Sorry, it wasn't clear you meant politicians. Of course politicians are going to say the right things in public irrespective of any alternative views they may have privately.

For the Tory's and LibDem's currently in government, the bad PR will always stick to them if they were the ones in power when Scotland left the union. For Labour, it must concern them as a party that if Scotland secede, they will be behind the curve politically with the loss of the Scottish seats.

I have always thought there is something fishy about Scottish Independance. They have a Sturgeon and Salmon involved, so I feel that is where it comes from...

When Scotland becomes independent I don't think they will be in NATO any more.

Lucky bleeders are missing out on the chance of getting into a full scale war with Russia.

Jack

Deputy First Minister Nicola Sturgeon described it as a "breakthrough" moment and said support for independence was growing particularly among Labour voters and women.

"Scotland is one of the wealthiest countries in the world," she said.

"More and more people are beginning to realise that a Yes vote is Scotland's one opportunity to make that enormous wealth work better for everybody who lives here, create more jobs, and protect vital services such as the NHS from the damaging effects of Westminster privatisation."

Scotland is apparently one of the wealthiest countries which isn't even a country, and we should all applaud that.

Jack, we wouldnae let you in.

If I didn't live here, I'd think it would be very amusing to see Scotland as an independent country.

Superb. It's all coming together.

Cameron's October to do list:-

1) Immediately evacuate Trident to Virginia as agreed with Obama in Cardiff

2) Move all defence assets to UK bases not in Scotland

3) Cancel 2nd Carrier immediately

4) Serve notice for all of above job losses

5) Start redundancy process for all Scottish born military and civil service employees south of the border

6) Tender for wall and border crossing contracts

7) Sell RBS and LLoyds/BOS shares

8) Start planning for power, water etc grid separation

9) Begin advice for UK businesses on how to make Scottish citizens redundant or grant visas if married to a qualifying EU or UK citizen

10) Serve notice on all UK Government contracts with Scottish businesses

11) Inform EU partners that UK will be exercising veto on all options for Scottish EU/Euro participation

12) Statement to all money markets that UK will retain and honour all UK debt prior to break up, and also retain sole rights and reserves re: Sterling

13) Serve notice to all Scottish pensioners, government employees, teachers, doctors, ex-military etc that payments will only be made for any years spent working south of the border as Scotland will now be responsible for meeting all other obligations

14) Shut down BBC in Scotland

15) Bill for removing Scottish constituencies from UK Parliament for 2015 election

We are at war with Eurasia. We have always been at war with Eurasia.

The shortbread ration has been increased to 0 g per person per day

When Scotland becomes independent I don't think they will be in NATO any more.

Lucky bleeders are missing out on the chance of getting into a full scale war with Russia.

Jack
Better write to Putin asking him to reprogram the nukes aimed at it then

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back
Top Bottom