advertisement

In through the keyhole....

A hifi and records in nearly every room. Concerned im getting old as I just look at that and think that is a lot of records he is going to have to move and they will need to be moved carefully.

I can’t believe how low the price is for the house. The variants we get in the UK are astonishing.

I’d bet the records are probably worth almost as much as the property.

I can’t believe how low the price is for the house.

I can't believe that you think that is a low price.
The price is that high as the village is rather swish/twee (take your pick), and, no doubt, due to where it is near. It is, at the end of the day, a 3-bed end of terrace with no outside space of significance - hence having to use the front garden as they do.

My wife is originally from a town close to Accrington, so knowing the town a little I reckon the price is about right (it needs some new carpets and so on). You need to travel a 100 or so yards away to possibly find you are surrounded by tiny workers' cottages - the area will have a limit irrespective of what the property is. I've been tentatively looking for when I retire and have been looking back at Lancashire - Southport has similar offerings - some very nice Edwardian dwellings can be found at realistic prices.

advertisement

Back