advertisement

In/out 2014/15

Out

CDX
Gall stones (Jan)
A stone in weight (see above gall stones)

In

MBP
JK 32 DAC

No further plans

No connection between the Naim CDP and your galling experience? :D I read a famous quotation by a scientist the other day, which read 'the stone-age didn't end because they ran out of stones...'

There's a correlation there somewhere...............:) Good luck for twenty-fifteen.

Nearly forgot, in and out very quickly: Rega Saturn.

One reason for my earlier statement "... I'm not buying ANYTHING unless I know it's damn good, I'm tired of being disappointed by all the latest fluff."

IN

Grad1, TPX2.
Witch Hat mono's
Epiphany Acoustic interconnects

Staying

LP12, Karmen, Aro, Armeggedon, Cirkus and Kiseki Blue
Linn Isobarik's
Whest Audio 30R
Naim CD 3.5, ASR Hi-Cap
Snaps & Nat 101

OUT

Naim 32.5 & 821A boards
Naim 250 & NCC 200 boards
Nakamichi 581 cassette deck
Nakamichi NR 200 noise reduction unit
Micro Benz Wood SL cartridge
Khan

Regards,

Martin

Looks like I ended up where I started this year.

March 2014
In: Class D Audio SDS-250C
Out: Harman Kardon PA2200

October 2014
In: Harman Kardon PA2200
Out: Class D Audio SDS-250C

Biggest upgrade in 2014 was moving the speakers from 5 to 6 ft. apart.

Nothing planned for 2015.

Out : Harbeth SHL5; Devore Gibbon 88, Croft 25 and 7; ARC VSI60
In : Auditorium 23 Roiene; Allnic T1500; Auditorium speaker Cables

In and out"s alternatively.....

In - (On Demo from Hifi Corner)

Audiolab 8200p Added onto my 8000s

Think she may be staying :)

Another increase in bottom end from my 104/2's

:)

In - Obelisks Out - Compasses
In - LP12/Ittok/DV17/Microgrove+ Out - the same
In - nothin' Out - TPX2/G1

In - my late father-in-law's jazz collection. We're honouring his wish not to split it up, but shoe horning 3000 LPs and 2000 CDs into the house brings to mind elefants and rooms.

Still in, ADS & S100 "Les special".

Wish list for 2015 - maybe a Bryston 4B SST2. And still trying to find a way to get the TT back in without a pre, what with all that vinyl to get through.

In -Cambridge phono stage , LP12/Xenon/G1042
(soon to be )Out- Michell Syncro/rb300/ Denon 103

In for keeps-lots of my late brother's vinyl/cd's/TT

Out - Linn Klimax Kontrol/1

In - Music First Audio Baby Reference TVC - fanbleedingtastic
In - Stax SR-009 and SRM 007t Kimik - keeps the neighbours happy

I think the itch has gone completely now (here's hoping)

Started the year with the same Audiolab 8000A and Blueroom/Scandyna Minipods I've had for the last 20 years. Had a party and blew a fuse in the 8000A, and one of the drivers in the Minipods. The plastic in the drivers was wearing with age, and I had only one usable phono input left on the 8000A, the plastic on all the other inputs had crumbled.

Decided it was time to re-evaluate my audio system. Considered getting an integrated amp/DAC like Quad Vena or Peachtree, then made the terrible mistake of joining an audio forum or two....

Fast forward a few months and I've an Audiolab MDAC, pair of ATC SCM-11 speakers, and built myself a pair of rather awesome Hypex Ncore monoblocks. Pretty successful year I think :)

2mxkxw.jpg

Cooky1257 Do you find G1042 better than DL103?
I'm considering DL103 and would value your opion
I have LP12 with xenon using Prtofon 2m blue but wondering if it can be bettered o m. Tight budget.
Thanks

Was thinking of selling my Linn system but will lose too much.
Now thinking of going 'Exact' route with my Akurate system which would mean I would not need my Akurate Kontrol and 2 x 2400 power amps.

Also considering going back to a Michell Orbe from my current SME Model 10.

If I was to put my SME Model 10 with SME V tone-arm on the market what kind of price do you think it would sell for. Just over a year old.

Out: Naim Nait 2, Naim Prefix S, Hicap Clone

In and out: Perreaux SX60 monoblocks + Perreaux phono stage + Tisbury Mini Pre

Out: Naim Nap 200 x 2 / Nac 252 / Supercap 2 / Metrum Octave Mk. 1 (x 2) / Linn Ninkas (hopefully)

In (and going out): BD Nac 32, BD Snaps, BD Nap 160 (modified), Butler 2250

In and staying (I hope) : BD Nac 12, BD Alps PSU, BD Nap 160, CB Nac 32.5 (w.729 cards + Ryan Sound boards), Magnepan 1.7s (forgot those)

Planned for 2015: CB Nap 135s (after all?), VFET monos, MDAC2 + TDAC (perhaps 2016?)

Too much, too quickly.

Peter

In: LP12/Cirkus/Ittok/ATOC9(11)/Geddon/Prefix/Hicap + the purchase of a lot of new vinyl.

Out: CDS2/Teddy XPS

Back in again: CDS2/Teddy XPS (such a remarkable combo and I had to have both CD and vinyl as my Naim DAC simply doesn't sound as good as either)

Next year: No hardware changes (probably!) but the ongoing purchase of a lot of new music.

advertisement

Back