advertisement

In London tonight near British Library NW1, any decent eatery close by?

Sloop John B

And any old music will do…
I know I should have asked a bit earlier but perhaps PFM can recommend a place for lunch tonight and breakfast tomorrow in the vicinity.

.sjb

Drummond Street is a few minutes walk from the British Library. Diwana is an institution - great food and cheap for the area. It's BYOB. I normally get a dosa.

Also in Drummond St is the Taste of India, where I've eaten many times with my friends. Also very good! Haven't been there for a while but it used to be self service from a big table of different dishes. Good fun!

Sadly the Drummond St bhelpoori houses have let hygiene standards slip - Diwana is currently rated 0 out of 5. Taste of India is a 3 which probably still wouldn't be good enough for me.

Roti King near Euston is good but you'll need to join the queue online to get a table.

Not sure who's DJing at Spiritland tonight, but might be worth popping in, as it's pretty much next door to Dishoom

Breakfast -- Cafe Nero in Euston Station
Dinner tonight -- wonder down Marchmont Street and see if anything takes your fancy.
I hope that’s sarcasm. Euston Station is only good for leaving as quickly as possible. I can’t think of anywhere I’d want to linger less.

Somebody will be giving a big up to Mcdonalds next { opposite Ladbrokes )... Sadly I seem to know where it is !

I hope that’s sarcasm. Euston Station is only good for leaving as quickly as possible. I can’t think of anywhere I’d want to linger less.
Indeed, they've spent millions on it and it's looks the same as it did before... a dark depressing soulless edifice.

Bit late to the party here, but I have had many excellent meals at The German Gymnasium in King’s Cross which is a 10 minute walk from the British Library.

Coal Office in Coal Drops Yard is near by.

Barrafina also in Coal Drops Yard.

Arabica a little further away

Another recommendation for German Gymnasium.

Roti king in basement of Doric way (side street next to Euston). Cramped and basic, not fancy at all, but if you don't mind that, the rotis are delicious- a small bowl of spicy lamb in sauce, with bread. I wouldn't bother with much else from the menu.

In the forecourt outside Euston, which is full of eateries. The Cafe Nero does the best apricot croissant and double espresso.

This is an outrageous slur!

Origin at the British Library can be very variable. https://hermanoscoffeeroasters.com have an outlet at KingsX attached to the Great Northern hotel are pretty good.

advertisement

Back