advertisement

In home streaming from analog source

yuckyamson

pfm Member
Hi,

I'm just checking for those who have experience with the Wiim mini/pro/pro-plus;

Is it possible to run;

Analog/Line > Wiim Pro-Plus (captured @ 24/192) > *Wirelessly* > Wiim Pro Plus > DAC ??

Please advise if this will WORK. Thanks all.

Hi,

I'm just checking for those who have experience with the Wiim mini/pro/pro-plus;

Is it possible to run;

Analog/Line > Wiim Pro-Plus (captured @ 24/192) > *Wirelessly* > Wiim Pro Plus > DAC ??

What’s the reason for the second Wiim?

Does this review describe what you need? It talks briefly about one WiiM serving another.

Hi,

Is it possible to run;

That's not what I'd call streaming since you can't really have on-demand programme from analogue sources.

You wish to transmit the signal of an analogue source over Wi-Fi. You will have to start the analogue source manually, is it in another room?

From review:

The Pro Plus also features analogue-to-digital conversion circuitry, in the shape of the Burr-Brown PCM1861. So if you connect an analogue source to your Pro Plus, it can then be wirelessly streamed to other WiiM products (such as the aforementioned Pro) to other zones of your home.

Unless you want to stream your analog source to another zone, it doesn’t make sense to do so.

From review:

The Pro Plus also features analogue-to-digital conversion circuitry, in the shape of the Burr-Brown PCM1861. So if you connect an analogue source to your Pro Plus, it can then be wirelessly streamed to other WiiM products (such as the aforementioned Pro) to other zones of your home.

Unless you want to stream your analog source to another zone, it doesn’t make sense to do so.

Or maybe to apply DRC/EQ to the digitalised signal.

From review:

Hi, Thanks John.

This is precisely what I'm aiming to do. My use of the word "stream" was obviously a misnomer; I mean to wirelessly send the signal from one Wiim to another. I.e. Letting the first perform an ADC from a 'table output (obviously phono stage first).

That being said, the main question I have is whether it will retain a 24/192 signal from one Wiim to the other.

That's not what I'd call streaming since you can't really have on-demand programme from analogue sources.

You wish to transmit the signal of an analogue source over Wi-Fi. You will have to start the analogue source manually, is it in another room?

Yes, precisely. Again my bad on use of the word "Streaming" as opposed to 'transmit'. I just want to maintain a 24/192 consistency.

Hi, Thanks John.

This is precisely what I'm aiming to do. My use of the word "stream" was obviously a misnomer; I mean to wirelessly send the signal from one Wiim to another. I.e. Letting the first perform an ADC from a 'table output (obviously phono stage first).

That being said, the main question I have is whether it will retain a 24/192 signal from one Wiim to the other.
Probably a question for the manufacturer. Hopefully your network can handle the bandwidth.

Last edited:
Has anyone seen this new device that popped up on my Twitface feed earlier today? It claims to stream analogue audio (line level) to a variety of wireless receiving devices AirPlay, DNLA etc….?
Looks interesting…. You can find it at a2d2.net
I’m seriously considering it as it seems to do what we all want.

advertisement

Back