advertisement

Identifying Avondale Black Link speaker cables

coltrane

electrobaroCKjazzer
I wonder if these> http://www.flickr.com/photos/78018005@N07/ are the above cables as they appear to be markedly different from what Avondale sells as such. The diameter for the +ve and -ve are both 2mm, and the whole stuff is covered in a 4.5mm diameter PVC sleeve w/o any markings - pretty thin and sounding so, too. Please advise

I've got some here and conductors are red and white covered. So I don't think the stuff in the photos is genuine - unless Les got different batches??

thanks, mate, for your input, it may be of some good help.
perhaps some others owning this cable could confirm as well - or the man in the know... Les...?

I have some of the white variety. As Nic says, the conductors are red and black. The outer sheathing on mine is woven, not smooth as in the photos. Where the conductors emerge from the sheathing is heatshrunk and marked with Black Link and directional arrows. The connectors are different too.

Mine was bought new a year or so ago. Not sure what changes Les has made since he introduced it.

These look like spoofers

All Black Link cables have braided covering and the heat shrink
sleeves on the ends are marked with the brand and direction

hi Les,
many thanks for confirming it - though it seems I got the suck from a fellow member here... :(

hi Les,
many thanks for confirming it - though it seems I got the suck from a fellow member here... :(

In that case, I'm sorry to hear that.

Return the cables to me with an address and any variations in length
and I'll organise some genuine cables for you at no charge.

All part of the service.

In that case, I'm sorry to hear that.

Return the cables to me with an address and any variations in length
and I'll organise some genuine cables for you at no charge.

All part of the service.

Les, it's more than a generous act on your part - truly MUCH appreciated, you're a real gentleman, I must say.
will act as offered - please see p.m.

I have some non braided black link here that I got from Les and they are much thinner than the ones in the photo.

I am the person who sold these cables I had bought them off a member of this forum who sold them to me as Black Link Cable. I therefore sold them on as such in good faith.

I am dissapointed that prior to any private discussion a comment is made on a public forum " though it seems I got the suck from a fellow member here... "

I have sent a PM to Les explaining this situation to him and asking him not to get involved.

On getting the cable back I will give a refund.

If however the cables are sent back to Les I will ensure that he gets the money that I was was paid for the cables to defer his costs.

Doug

okay, I did not name you but asked for info as was unsure of the cables, just as all the above. also, I DID contact you in this matter, too - but received NO response until this morning. and my point was made on the the maker's conclusion...

The Avondale cables finally arrived some half'n' hour ago courtesy of Les, and just play marvels - WOW, this is something, I must say :) . That other replica was far from this, I must say - just as the NACA5. You know something, Les :) , and the white is simple gorgeus, too. Also, I wanted to contact you, Les, but your inbox's full - may I ask you to please clear it

It is a very good speaker cable, i have been living with some white naca5 for a while and will pull my blacklink out for a spin soon. What a very nice gesture it was from Les.

advertisement

Back