advertisement

Identify Thorens TD160B armboard

ian964

I've just picked up an old Thorens TD160B Mkii. It has an armboard but no arm fitted, and I wanted to identify the armboard. The mounting hole is pretty much central, and 20mm diameter.

52842117399_ee98fabb78_c_d.jpg

I suspect this is for a Thorens TP arm, but an not sure. Please can anyone help?

Thanks
Ian

If the centre of the hole is 222mm from the centre of the spindle it could have been for a Rega tonearm.

@ 210 ish I'd suggest Hadcock 228? Looks like the arms been fitted off center, which would fit in with a smaller diameter post.
Agreed.

Typically the hole would have been drilled a bit further back for Hadcock, however, with this one being circa 4mm larger in diameter than necessary, GH228 at circa 212mm would have been close enough as to make no difference.

source

It does seem a little too far forward for a Hadcock, but they were fitted to TD160s quite often- that was my first 'serious' turntable/ arm combo, back in about 1978 or '79. It might also have been used for a Mayware Formula 4, also commonly fitted to '160s. Given the rather short effective length implied by the hole's position, I suppose it could've been a Connoisseur SAU2 or '4.

advertisement

Back