advertisement

Icon Audio PS1 Mkii

Greyandy

pfm Member
Has anyone had first hand experience of this (in MC form) as I'm thinking about making my first foray into the world of valves. Would be using it direct into a pair of Audiolab 8000MX's driving KEF R3's. Currently using a Linn Kairn but looking for a bit more transparency and clarity.

Thanks in advance

Andy

I have a PS1 mark one, Which I bought following a really extensive four-way phono stage shootout. I compare it against a Dynavector P75 mark three, pure sound P 10, WAD two-box Phono stage. The PS/1 won hands down.

I now use it for a Koetsu Rosewood with a pair of Partridge SUTs. I’ve owned it for over 10 years and only recently wondered whether or not I might wish to upgrade.

On that basis I could recommend the PS one in either mark one or Mark two guise.

It should work. I use a valve pre with integral phono with a ss amp.

I do remember something about the volume control not being very linear. It sounds better wicked up.

I used one into a Naim 250. It was great but the lead I had made was a piece of crap so eventually blew the tweeters. So if you need odd leads get them done well.

advertisement

Back