advertisement

[FS] Icon Audio HP8 SE

Mongeddavid

pfm Member
Fantastic headphone amplifier using two 6sn7 tubes driven by an ECC83 or 81 depending upon your requirements ( 81 is lower gain ) The SE has upgraded caps and a nice copper top plate. Has SE inputs with pass through and a gain switch on the front as well as a mono switch. I found it to be a great match with HD800s and ZMF headphones also Grados. SE 6.3mm output. It comes with EH 6sn7s and a couple of Ecc83s and an Ecc81 type all of which have the own characteristics. Its a truly excellent amp and was on Inner Fidelitys hall of fame for years as well as wining a product of the year award in i think absolute sounds ( could be wrong about the magazine. ) Wont drive a Susvara or HE6 but seemed to have plenty of grip speed and airiness on everything I threw at it. Its not a warm flabby sound at all but fast articulate with great bass extension and some warmth. Couple of marks to the fascia but nothing too distracting otherwise in fantastic condition and A1 sonically. £600 posted. Selling as I'm thinning out the amps i have been using to get down to a single tube amp and a single SS

hi
could you please post or pm some pics?
i am curious to know , how old the amp is and which caps it has?
i understand there are differences.
cheers

advertisement

Back